Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you again.. ❤

The more I read about Geoffrey, the more I feel emotionally attached to him. I'm glad he's coming around, even slowly, and hope that he's back to himself in no time. 🙏 ❤
Yeah, Geoffrey really grows on you. He has that type of loving personality. He does all of these loving, crazy things. His face is so expressive. You can really sense what he is feeling, just by looking at his face.

It has been 2 days in a row, that he came in to wake me up-- or to make sure that I got up when my alarm went off. He would give a soft "meow", and gently jump on the bed. I am always lying on my side, so I wake up, turn over, and gently give a "pat, pat" to my side of the bed, softly calling his name. Geoffrey will then come up to my face, purring. We spend a few minutes just loving each other.. When the back-up alarm goes off, We officially get up.

We played for a very short period of time-- still not into it. He ate 1/4 of his breakfast. I will try again, before I leave the house. I hope he eats more of it while I am out.

No Cerenia for him today. Yesterday, he had ALL of his meds. Such a trooper. No brushing, yesterday. G did not feel up to it. May give him a bit of Mirataz, and a bit of laxatone, to keep things moving in the right direction.

Man, it seems that I love this little boy, more and more, with each passing day.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is sick again... this time, he ha been very "mopey".. not playing, eating well, but just 'off'... This morning, he did not get up with me for breakfast and play. It is our normal routine. I get up, he follows me, waits in the living room, for his wand toy. This morning: I got up, and he went directly to his corner... sigh.. Did not come out for play or even for food. Dam...

I took a bit of wet food over to him, he did eat it, and then peed in the box. I was expecting him to come into living room. No, he went right back to the corner.. dam...

of course if it is a weekend. .. but, other than a vet visit, for blood tests, there is nothing I cn do...

Prayers and wishes needed.... 🙏 🙏 🙏

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is sick again... this time, he ha been very "mopey".. not playing, eating well, but just 'off'... This morning, he did not get up with me for breakfast and play. It is our normal routine. I get up, he follows me, waits in the living room, for his wand toy. This morning: I got up, and he went directly to his corner... sigh.. Did not come out for play or even for food. Dam...

I took a bit of wet food over to him, he did eat it, and then peed in the box. I was expecting him to come into living room. No, he went right back to the corner.. dam...

of course if it is a weekend. .. but, other than a vet visit, for blood tests, there is nothing I cn do...

artiemom artiemom So sorry your morning has had such a rough start. Hope things improve with Geoffrey during the day.Why these things happen on weekends? Boy I don't know. Definitely many prayers and wishes for you both.♥♥

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Uhhh- always the weekends,without fail!

Only the best wishes for Geffy and fervent prayer🙏❤🙏

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Geoffrey,
17E0D55F-7345-4916-8957-D7228FD9182B.gif

and prayers for you
5d36a9add2cfee865352e537790773c8.jpg

Last edited:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With Cheetah, who also has small cell intestinal lymphoma, when she has “bad” days, I give her SQ fluids, and buprenorphine and will up her Prednisolone from every other evening to every evening.
Obviously you have to check with the vet before making any changes to his medical plan. Just letting you know what I do. Cheetah was diagnosed in 2021 I think.

I hope as you are reading this he has already rallied and is doing better.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
As the day wore on, he slightly improved towards the evening. I gave him 10 cc plain water during the day. Also water in his food, and with his meds. I delayed the chemo until today.

He was eating, but was still lethargic, and he felt hot. I had to take the food over to him. Weird.. no cuddles on the bed with me. I had to pick him up, in mid afternoon, take him to my bed, cover us with a thing fleece, and cuddle for an hour. When I got up, he did , also. I gave him the water then. He cost out, went to his Cartier, coming out for dry food nibbles.

Geoffrey had 3 trips to the litter box for very hard small stools. Wondering if that is part of the issue? I gave him some laxatone yesterday. He came around a bit after that.
He was on my lap late day and night.. came to bed with me for a while, then off to the corner...

I do not know if he is diabetic, having some sort of insulin high.. wonder if I should give him some maple syrup rubbed on his lips.. I do not he Karo syrup... I remember that from Pumpkin. No way of knowing without a blood test... dam...

I sense a trip to the Vet this week.

Geoffrey did not get up with me this morning. I had tot take the wand toy over to him, in the corner... to pry him out, but he did not play.. ate some wet food.. Weird.. Wish I knew..

Back to corner now.. dam..

I am just guessing at this point.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
As the day wore on, he slightly improved towards the evening. I gave him 10 cc plain water during the day. Also water in his food, and with his meds. I delayed the chemo until today.

He was eating, but was still lethargic, and he felt hot. I had to take the food over to him. Weird.. no cuddles on the bed with me. I had to pick him up, in mid afternoon, take him to my bed, cover us with a thing fleece, and cuddle for an hour. When I got up, he did , also. I gave him the water then. He cost out, went to his Cartier, coming out for dry food nibbles.

Geoffrey had 3 trips to the litter box for very hard small stools. Wondering if that is part of the issue? I gave him some laxatone yesterday. He came around a bit after that.
He was on my lap late day and night.. came to bed with me for a while, then off to the corner...

I do not know if he is diabetic, having some sort of insulin high.. wonder if I should give him some maple syrup rubbed on his lips.. I do not he Karo syrup... I remember that from Pumpkin. No way of knowing without a blood test... dam...

I sense a trip to the Vet this week.

Geoffrey did not get up with me this morning. I had tot take the wand toy over to him, in the corner... to pry him out, but he did not play.. ate some wet food.. Weird.. Wish I knew..

Back to corner now.. dam..

I am just guessing at this point.
Awww baby is certainly having a hard time---- sounds like a Vet trip is a good idea even if he feels better ...... praying,praying,praying for Geffy :petcat:
1716118084045.gif