Beside myself with worry/Prayers and positivity requested…

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an anxiety/panic disorder, and I’m having a really tough time. My just turned 11 year old girl, was diagnosed with elevated liver enzymes about three weeks ago. I’ve kept her eating by switching her to wet food. But she still gets a tummy upset 1-2 times a week. The vet believes this is an infection, maybe triaditis. She has an ultrasound scheduled for Friday. Also, she’ll be getting more antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. I am so scared of what they may find. A big part of me obviously needs to know, so I can know better what plan of action to take. But, I’m terrified. Any words of wisdom, positive thoughts are much needed and welcome.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Worrying about kitties is so hard! I have general anxiety disorder and whenever I think something might be wrong with Nocturne I just feel sick, especially since we lost our cat Nym at a young age (only 8) to diabetes and Genny has kidney disease and hyperthyroid. So many health conditions to worry about.
But remember, you can only do so much while you wait. I sometimes obsessively research despite not knowing enough to make a diagnosis or buy a ton of different foods and supplements to try to help. This isn't always helpful though, and tends to overwhelm both me and the cats. Try not to hyper-focus on the worry and instead do things with her that you both enjoy. My Nocturne loves to snuggle, to watch me floss (yes, she really enjoys that), and to explore the other rooms upstairs.
Cerenia (anti-nausea) has made a WORLD of difference for her as has finding foods that don't upset her stomach. She has IBD (which is related to triaditis) and so she only has three canned foods she regularly eats and she gets cerenia every other day except during a flare-up she gets it daily. She also enjoys a heat pad, tummy rubs, and feeling safe locked in her (my) room (away from loud noises and the like).

Hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Worrying about kitties is so hard! I have general anxiety disorder and whenever I think something might be wrong with Nocturne I just feel sick, especially since we lost our cat Nym at a young age (only 8) to diabetes and Genny has kidney disease and hyperthyroid. So many health conditions to worry about.
But remember, you can only do so much while you wait. I sometimes obsessively research despite not knowing enough to make a diagnosis or buy a ton of different foods and supplements to try to help. This isn't always helpful though, and tends to overwhelm both me and the cats. Try not to hyper-focus on the worry and instead do things with her that you both enjoy. My Nocturne loves to snuggle, to watch me floss (yes, she really enjoys that), and to explore the other rooms upstairs.
Cerenia (anti-nausea) has made a WORLD of difference for her as has finding foods that don't upset her stomach. She has IBD (which is related to triaditis) and so she only has three canned foods she regularly eats and she gets cerenia every other day except during a flare-up she gets it daily. She also enjoys a heat pad, tummy rubs, and feeling safe locked in her (my) room (away from loud noises and the like).

Hang in there!
Thank you for responding. ❤ I love my kitties so hard, and it definitely shows when my anxiety flares. I wish I had a better handle on it… I do try! But in times like this, I tend to spiral. I’m hoping it’s easily treatable. She has good days, which make me think she’s fine, and then she’ll have a bad day. So, it’s definitely a roller coaster. I never know what I’m going to get day to day.

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hang in there! Give the antibiotics time to work. I know how worrying it is, but it does take time.
She’s getting a second round on Friday. ❤‍🩹 Thank you for responding.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Please let us know what you find out on Friday. It is much better to get some kind of diagnosis or conclusive answer as opposed to googling and guessing and letting the situation spiral out of control. At least you will be able to concentrate on what you do know as opposed to concentrating on the huge number of things that are worrying you.

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please let us know what you find out on Friday. It is much better to get some kind of diagnosis or conclusive answer as opposed to googling and guessing and letting the situation spiral out of control. At least you will be able to concentrate on what you do know as opposed to concentrating on the huge number of things that are worrying you.
I will. I don’t know if I’ll get all of the results tomorrow or not, they said it depends. I hope I do… I’m so worried. Thank you for your response, you are correct… googling never ends well! Better to know.

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, my cat Winnie is still having some upset tummy issues. So, in the morning, she’s getting an ultrasound done to see why her liver enzymes are elevated. And a shot of antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. If you could please send love, positivity, and prayers her way. And some my way, I’m an anxious mama. Hoping for answers and easy fixes. 🙏🏻❤❤‍🩹 Thank you all.
IMG_9178.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey guys, my cat Winnie is still having some upset tummy issues. So, in the morning, she’s getting an ultrasound done to see why her liver enzymes are elevated. And a shot of antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. If you could please send love, positivity, and prayers her way. And some my way, I’m an anxious mama. Hoping for answers and easy fixes. 🙏🏻❤❤‍🩹 Thank you all.
Winnie
IMG_3840.JPG

Sending prayer sand hugs over
69406126413f78ee75d1dd3d15e772eb.jpg
a097059c2f6614a1a772b052658d71fd.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So, in the morning, she’s getting an ultrasound done to see why her liver enzymes are elevated. And a shot of antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. If you could please send love, positivity, and prayers her way. And some my way, I’m an anxious mama. Hoping for answers and easy fixes. 🙏🏻❤❤‍🩹 Thank you all.
Any news on the ultrasound, how did it go? Sending healing vibes with special thoughts for Winnie. :vibes::vibes::grouphug:

ashley berner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
90% good news. The ultrasound showed her liver, pancreas, everything all looked good. The lining of her small bowel was thickened. Which is probably inflammatory. But, if left untreated could develop into lymphoma. The ultrasound tech was definitely leaning towards inflammation. So, she got a shot of antibiotics, steroids… and some probiotics I have to give her at home. And a diet change… which she did actually eat. Her thyroid was also normal. Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts. ❤