Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ik but she donest listen to me im 15 and do much more then anyone including the adults litter, food, toys,treats, anything they need comes out of my pocket and after a while is gonna be too much bc of all the cats plus i have 2 dogs on top of that I'm very responsible for my age

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My family says it's to much work to keep the males and females away from each other for 20 to 30 days she said even 2 days is too much work

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s why they need spaying and neutering. Do you have a friend or family member who can drive you to spay and neuter appointments?

You sound very responsible for your age!

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No but I can figure it out maybe my grandma idk

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you're in such a desperate situation. You seem very responsible for your age, I'm glad your pets have got you to look out for their well being, even if your parents won't do.

So, you have 14 cats and kittens as well as 2 dogs? Are any of them spayed or neutered?

As I'm sure you realise, the cats are going to continue to breed very quickly if nothing is done. You really need to do something about the situation now, or you are going to be completely over run with kittens and will have to make some heart breaking choices. If you could get the adult cats spayed would your parents agree to turn the kittens over to a shelter? Could you ask your grandmother to talk to you parents about this?

It's not good for your health and it's not good for your younger siblings to be in a home with so many pets, especially if the cats are breeding, the kittens are dying and the litter boxes aren't being cleaned as much as they need to be.

I'm sending you some links to check.

Other Spay/Neuter Resources | Cleveland Animal Protective League

Low Cost Spay and Neuter Services

Ohio Paws with Purpose (formerly Willowick Pet Food Pantry)

32905 Vine St Willowick, OH 44095

Phones: (440) 520-4881

Ohio Paws with Purpose provides vouchers for FREE spay/neuter services for cats performed at PetFix in Euclid for pets.

SAVE Ohio Pets | Free Spay and Neuter Clinic, Vet Care in Columbus, Ohio

We operate free, monthly vet care and wellness clinics for those needing financial assistance.

If you feel that your cats are suffering and your parents are turning a blind eye to the fact that kittens are dying consider reporting the abuse. Organizations like these exists to educate and help people, they only prosecute as a last resort. This could be one way to get some of the cats to safe homes and get the ones you choose to keep the vet care they need.

Report Animal Cruelty | Cleveland Animal Protective League