Please help with big decision

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So, I saw something in this Cat. That's right. I saw something in this Cat that compelled me to try to bring her into my life. She also tried to bring herself into my life. I really believe this. Just look at my profile pic. That is when Dynah was laying outside my front door, in the cold, and looking in my house, trying to get warm.
Yea, Dynah has chosen you out of the others and that's why that look on her face that says, 'take me in Hooman' (in other words, 'Take me to your leader', which is you). It is strange and amazing how the cats match themselves to hoomans.

Once again, thank you for taking her in and working slowly with her to getting things done at her own time. I'm sure this will be a very beautiful relationship for both of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea, Dynah has chosen you out of the others and that's why that look on her face that says, 'take me in Hooman' (in other words, 'Take me to your leader', which is you). It is strange and amazing how the cats match themselves to hoomans.

Once again, thank you for taking her in and working slowly with her to getting things done at her own time. I'm sure this will be a very beautiful relationship for both of you.
[/QUOTE

TT...what a nice reply! TY so much and also for your support all of these months for Dynah and me!

Greg T.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gregg- Reminiscing about " love at first sight" ?Yep,something about her is what got you hook,line and sinker and I have no doubt Dynah was well aware of you long before she made her presence known to you.She thought" hmmmm- something about that human😻

Glad you got that tooth taken care of,hard to really think about much else when your mouth is throbbing constantly

I suppose it's time to get serious now but the good thing is that Dynah appears to be very healthy,you have addressed the basics( parasites) and she is not around any other animals to be subject to or pose any health risks to others so there has been no urgency to seek medical attention- however,,we want to keep it that way!

I just had an urgent situation with Timmy where I could not delay taking him to the Vet- still not cooperative with being lifted off the ground,still not carrier trained but a " must do"

Gregg,to my pleasant surprise loading him into the carrier was no big deal- he had a very difficult ,long day at the Vets office and I expected a few days to get over the frightening experience once he returned home and perhaps a temporary set back- nope,once back in his familiar,safe territory he stood to himself and slept peacefully about 24hrs,still feeling drowsy from sedation . Next day he picked up where we left off and he was himself

Funny thing,after a couple of days I moved the carrier and guess who walked in by himself to check it out,? Lol

Dynah is like Timmy and not so food motivated but she's always loved her toys,she enjoys when you roll the little balls and she engages so roll them to the carrier,throw her favorites in there and familiarize her even more so the carrier is not a scarey thing....She should be used to you moving it from here to there so moving it doesn't signal thst something is up ...These things all pay off in the long run so the carrier is not associated with anything unpleasant

So even if you need to just suit up and get her loaded when you return home she will not make the connection and you just continue to work on " carrier friendly" routines

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Gregg- Reminiscing about " love at first sight" ?Yep,something about her is what got you hook,line and sinker and I have no doubt Dynah was well aware of you long before she made her presence known to you.She thought" hmmmm- something about that human😻

Glad you got that tooth taken care of,hard to really think about much else when your mouth is throbbing constantly

I suppose it's time to get serious now but the good thing is that Dynah appears to be very healthy,you have addressed the basics( parasites) and she is not around any other animals to be subject to or pose any health risks to others so there has been no urgency to seek medical attention- however,,we want to keep it that way!

I just had an urgent situation with Timmy where I could not delay taking him to the Vet- still not cooperative with being lifted off the ground,still not carrier trained but a " must do"

Gregg,to my pleasant surprise loading him into the carrier was no big deal- he had a very difficult ,long day at the Vets office and I expected a few days to get over the frightening experience once he returned home and perhaps a temporary set back- nope,once back in his familiar,safe territory he stood to himself and slept peacefully about 24hrs,still feeling drowsy from sedation . Next day he picked up where we left off and he was himself

Funny thing,after a couple of days I moved the carrier and guess who walked in by himself to check it out,? Lol

Dynah is like Timmy and not so food motivated but she's always loved her toys,she enjoys when you roll the little balls and she engages so roll them to the carrier,throw her favorites in there and familiarize her even more so the carrier is not a scarey thing....She should be used to you moving it from here to there so moving it doesn't signal thst something is up ...These things all pay off in the long run so the carrier is not associated with anything unpleasant

So even if you need to just suit up and get her loaded when you return home she will not make the connection and you just continue to work on " carrier friendly" routines
Thank you Kwik, for sharing this with me. It will act as a reminder when the time comes (soon) that it wont be as bad as I think.

Thanks again for sharing your story about Timmy with me!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinah Doll Dinah Doll , Gregg, this sounds like how I got Waffles. I just felt something in the vist to the shelter, seeing him in his shelter cubby, his face and look. The visit in the room he froze, tucked up, wouldn't look at me, had wounds, and I took him home and it's been a growing of that feeling (mine that is that he was the one) ever since. It's been 8 years now. I can't pick him up still, but he's grateful, I can tell.