Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah! TCS is messing up the links. Amazon certainly wouldn’t send you to super offers.

I have a booklet I like called Habit Nest. It has dozens of exercises with index on how to do them and it structures the workouts. It has probably 50 some workouts in the book. It should be a well-established habit by the time I need to buy another. They also make a body weight workout book in case I need to change it up. And a nutrition book. But I don’t like nutrition books so much because I have picky tastes.

Let’s see if this link works.
Amazon.com
Oh, okay! Yeah, that's basically like mine except that the linked one is foldable. Looks like a good bench. The workout book sounds good, too. I just designed my own workout using various sources, and it's been good for me for yonks. As to diet, yeah, I don't think they'd make a nutrition book I'd like, because I'm very picky, too. Again, what I eat works for me. Like you, I eat same thing for breakfast and same thing for lunch (with different fruits, but otherwise they're the same meals always) and I vary dinner but not using too many choices. Mostly fresh vegetables and fruits with the rest being grain-based, some nuts, some cheese, spices and sauces. Very little in the way of sweets, and only high quality ones. Coffee, teas, fruit juices, water. My weaknesses are deli foods like bagels and macaroni and potato salads, and tortilla chips. Also my little greaseball Moroccan olives. But I only eat 5 of those daily. Hummus daily for lunch. Pretty simple. Occasionally I actually make something more complicated for dinner, but not often and it's always pretty healthy. I'm not thinking about changing any of this. Elvis' diet takes more of my consideration, actually, as he's a picky guy and he goes through these days of eating a lot and then not eating much. I want him to eat a lot as he's thin, but he is 16.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, okay! Yeah, that's basically like mine except that the linked one is foldable. Looks like a good bench. The workout book sounds good, too. I just designed my own workout using various sources, and it's been good for me for yonks. As to diet, yeah, I don't think they'd make a nutrition book I'd like, because I'm very picky, too. Again, what I eat works for me. Like you, I eat same thing for breakfast and same thing for lunch (with different fruits, but otherwise they're the same meals always) and I vary dinner but not using too many choices. Mostly fresh vegetables and fruits with the rest being grain-based, some nuts, some cheese, spices and sauces. Very little in the way of sweets, and only high quality ones. Coffee, teas, fruit juices, water. My weaknesses are deli foods like bagels and macaroni and potato salads, and tortilla chips. Also my little greaseball Moroccan olives. But I only eat 5 of those daily. Hummus daily for lunch. Pretty simple. Occasionally I actually make something more complicated for dinner, but not often and it's always pretty healthy. I'm not thinking about changing any of this. Elvis' diet takes more of my consideration, actually, as he's a picky guy and he goes through these days of eating a lot and then not eating much. I want him to eat a lot as he's thin, but he is 16.
My meals change every few months. Part of it is routine. But another part of it is cost. A diverse diet can be a lot more expensive. Especially if I don't eat everything I bring home. That's another plus for routine meals. Less food waste.

Because I put on too much bagel weight, those are gone. My breakfasts are now scrambled eggs with cheese and Morning Star sausage links (two links take 60 seconds in the microwave. Can't beat that!) Lunch has been the same protein shake (powder with frozen coconut, blueberries, a spoonful of cocoa powder, and a salt supplement for keto diets) that I've been having for years. But now I also have a salad with cucumbers--when I can get a cucumber I like. I don't know why they are so hard to pick a good one in the store. At Betty's dinner time, I have a yogurt snack. I love the Ellenos brand Greek yogurt from Seattle. It's expensive but totally worth it. Dinners have become a piece of fish and I try to pair it with an easy and tasty veggie. Because honestly, I need more fiber than a salad. Last night was a tuna steak with sauteed baby spinach. Monday night was a tuna steak with sauteed mushrooms. Tonight will be a tuna steak with spinach and mushrooms. I picked up tuna steaks but forgot the salmon. 🤦‍♂️ When Betty and I get used to me cooking more at dinners, I want to get back into shrimp, broccoli, and seafood curries. I don't keep any sweets in the home anymore except one or two bars of dark chocolate (70% or darker tends to cut down the sugar content) that I'll break off a square here and there, having maybe a quarter bar over the course of a day or two. Two bars don't quite last me the whole week. I don't worry too much about being in ketosis for the keto diet because I don't give my body many other options. It either uses the fat and protein for energy or it's going to go a long time between beers--my evening beer being the only significant carb source in my diet. Oh! I keep forgetting the walnuts I bought. They could go into my shake or my salad or simply eat them raw. I also have pumpkin seeds I keep at my desk for a snack.

Weight bench is going to have to wait another paycheck. Gives me a bit more time to see if there's another one I might like better. But I like the price of that one and I like that it folds. I need that yoga space. Even if it becomes cat wrestling.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My meals change every few months. Part of it is routine. But another part of it is cost. A diverse diet can be a lot more expensive. Especially if I don't eat everything I bring home. That's another plus for routine meals. Less food waste.

Because I put on too much bagel weight, those are gone. My breakfasts are now scrambled eggs with cheese and Morning Star sausage links (two links take 60 seconds in the microwave. Can't beat that!) Lunch has been the same protein shake (powder with frozen coconut, blueberries, a spoonful of cocoa powder, and a salt supplement for keto diets) that I've been having for years. But now I also have a salad with cucumbers--when I can get a cucumber I like. I don't know why they are so hard to pick a good one in the store. At Betty's dinner time, I have a yogurt snack. I love the Ellenos brand Greek yogurt from Seattle. It's expensive but totally worth it. Dinners have become a piece of fish and I try to pair it with an easy and tasty veggie. Because honestly, I need more fiber than a salad. Last night was a tuna steak with sauteed baby spinach. Monday night was a tuna steak with sauteed mushrooms. Tonight will be a tuna steak with spinach and mushrooms. I picked up tuna steaks but forgot the salmon. 🤦‍♂️ When Betty and I get used to me cooking more at dinners, I want to get back into shrimp, broccoli, and seafood curries. I don't keep any sweets in the home anymore except one or two bars of dark chocolate (70% or darker tends to cut down the sugar content) that I'll break off a square here and there, having maybe a quarter bar over the course of a day or two. Two bars don't quite last me the whole week. I don't worry too much about being in ketosis for the keto diet because I don't give my body many other options. It either uses the fat and protein for energy or it's going to go a long time between beers--my evening beer being the only significant carb source in my diet. Oh! I keep forgetting the walnuts I bought. They could go into my shake or my salad or simply eat them raw. I also have pumpkin seeds I keep at my desk for a snack.

Weight bench is going to have to wait another paycheck. Gives me a bit more time to see if there's another one I might like better. But I like the price of that one and I like that it folds. I need that yoga space. Even if it becomes cat wrestling.
Oh, yeah. I LOVE tuna. It's the only animal flesh (besides chicken) that I really, really love and though I haven't had chicken for years, I do occasionally make tuna salad and have either a tuna fish sandwich (a friend used to ask why people call it tuna fish when, after all, tuna IS a fish...) or a tuna melt. And I also make this (cold) dish with salad macaroni, peas, tuna, celery and mayonnaise. A friend of my dad's made it with crab, which I don't eat. Oh, and another friend of my parents made this great (hot) casserole with rice, tuna, water chestnuts, broccoli or green beans, and soy sauce. I occasionally make that. I love dark chocolate! but it's pretty pricey now, so I don't buy. My favorite chocolate is baking chocolate that does not contain sugar at all. I also eat the Mexican chocolate used to make hot chocolate -- that's dark chocolate with sugar and cinnamon. Cucumbers? I love them! The Persians are my favorite, but I also like the "vinyl cucumbers" a/k/a European/English cukes, which usually come wrapped in plastic, and the "regular" cukes. A favorite thing for me is raita, which is basically diced cukes in plain yoghurt with dill. Simple, healthy, and so good! And there's also kachumber, which is diced cukes, tomatoes, and green onions with chopped cilantro. I go into withdrawals if I don't have cukes every day!
Yeah, bagels are little gut bombs. But I only buy one package every 3 weeks, so that's 6 bagels every 21 days. Not so bad.
Cost is a big consideration for me, too, especially as food prices go up so often. My budget is pretty strict so if one thing is too high, I'll buy another, or go without, but all in all, my diet is very healthy and satisfying.
My weight bench dates back 20-some years. And there's nothing to replace. So, a really good investment. I paid about $60 for it. They still have good flat weight benches for that price range, and foldable ones in a variety of price ranges, at Dick's.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. I LOVE tuna. It's the only animal flesh (besides chicken) that I really, really love and though I haven't had chicken for years, I do occasionally make tuna salad and have either a tuna fish sandwich (a friend used to ask why people call it tuna fish when, after all, tuna IS a fish...) or a tuna melt. And I also make this (cold) dish with salad macaroni, peas, tuna, celery and mayonnaise. A friend of my dad's made it with crab, which I don't eat. Oh, and another friend of my parents made this great (hot) casserole with rice, tuna, water chestnuts, broccoli or green beans, and soy sauce. I occasionally make that. I love dark chocolate! but it's pretty pricey now, so I don't buy. My favorite chocolate is baking chocolate that does not contain sugar at all. I also eat the Mexican chocolate used to make hot chocolate -- that's dark chocolate with sugar and cinnamon. Cucumbers? I love them! The Persians are my favorite, but I also like the "vinyl cucumbers" a/k/a European/English cukes, which usually come wrapped in plastic, and the "regular" cukes. A favorite thing for me is raita, which is basically diced cukes in plain yoghurt with dill. Simple, healthy, and so good! And there's also kachumber, which is diced cukes, tomatoes, and green onions with chopped cilantro. I go into withdrawals if I don't have cukes every day!
Yeah, bagels are little gut bombs. But I only buy one package every 3 weeks, so that's 6 bagels every 21 days. Not so bad.
Cost is a big consideration for me, too, especially as food prices go up so often. My budget is pretty strict so if one thing is too high, I'll buy another, or go without, but all in all, my diet is very healthy and satisfying.
My weight bench dates back 20-some years. And there's nothing to replace. So, a really good investment. I paid about $60 for it. They still have good flat weight benches for that price range, and foldable ones in a variety of price ranges, at Dick's.
Everything was a better deal twenty years ago. Except maybe computers and cell phones.

I will splurge on chocolate, yogurt, and eggs. Frugal is not a bad thing. But there has to be something worth splurging on or it’s all restriction and no reward.

I think I might be picker than you. I said ew! Or “I don’t know about that” to too many of your foods. Mayonnaise creeps me out. I didn’t like it before. But I saw it made once on a cooking show and that sealed it for me. It is the first thing I ask to be removed from any takeout/restaurant food I order. The burger place I go to next to the taproom (taproom welcomes outside food) has a Western burger now. An obvious knock-off of one of my favorite fast food burgers before Newsom drove those prices up. But the Burger Lounge, a smaller chain that fell through the min wage business size requirement (and which I will happily reward over those larger establishments now) adds mayo to their Western. Who adds mayo to a western cheeseburger? 🤦🏼‍♂️ Thankfully their web app tells me EVERYTHING that goes on to the burger and lets me make most substitutions or omissions. I will happily order another Western, sub Impossible (plant-based) patty, no bacon, and NO MAYO!

I like black olives. Pitted. I don’t think I like any of the bougie olives. Same with cukes. I apparently prefer slightly squishy but mostly firm non-wrapped, non-organic cucumbers. (Because the organic ones seem too firm, under ripe, not tasty.) The wrapped cucumbers remind me visually too much of zukes or squash. And that’s been enough to scare me off.

I seared up a very rare tuna steak and paired it with mushrooms. I worked too late to make it a two veggie cook. I can toss the baby spinach leaves into my protein shake tomorrow. There’s enough cocoa powder, blueberries, and chocolate caramel flavored salt to cover up any spinach taste.

I looked at Dicks website which has benches not in their stores. So far, I like the Amazon pick precisely because it folds. Though perhaps having a non-folder might be a constant reminder to get to it. Won’t be this paycheck. I still have time to explore a little.

Sun’s getting real low…. Betty knows the artificial sunset (fade down of the lights) means second dinner is coming soon. She’s been staring at her empty plate for awhile now. “I’d love to make sure that’s empty. But this a warm lap. I won’t get another until breakfast.” 😿🤦🏼‍♂️ No. but she’lll get some shoulder, chest, butt, and spoon time. She’ll stick her face in mine in the middle of the night. (“Not the eyes, Betty. No pink eye!”) And she might ride my belly too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything was a better deal twenty years ago. Except maybe computers and cell phones.

I will splurge on chocolate, yogurt, and eggs. Frugal is not a bad thing. But there has to be something worth splurging on or it’s all restriction and no reward.

I think I might be picker than you. I said ew! Or “I don’t know about that” to too many of your foods. Mayonnaise creeps me out. I didn’t like it before. But I saw it made once on a cooking show and that sealed it for me. It is the first thing I ask to be removed from any takeout/restaurant food I order. The burger place I go to next to the taproom (taproom welcomes outside food) has a Western burger now. An obvious knock-off of one of my favorite fast food burgers before Newsom drove those prices up. But the Burger Lounge, a smaller chain that fell through the min wage business size requirement (and which I will happily reward over those larger establishments now) adds mayo to their Western. Who adds mayo to a western cheeseburger? 🤦🏼‍♂️ Thankfully their web app tells me EVERYTHING that goes on to the burger and lets me make most substitutions or omissions. I will happily order another Western, sub Impossible (plant-based) patty, no bacon, and NO MAYO!

I like black olives. Pitted. I don’t think I like any of the bougie olives. Same with cukes. I apparently prefer slightly squishy but mostly firm non-wrapped, non-organic cucumbers. (Because the organic ones seem too firm, under ripe, not tasty.) The wrapped cucumbers remind me visually too much of zukes or squash. And that’s been enough to scare me off.

I seared up a very rare tuna steak and paired it with mushrooms. I worked too late to make it a two veggie cook. I can toss the baby spinach leaves into my protein shake tomorrow. There’s enough cocoa powder, blueberries, and chocolate caramel flavored salt to cover up any spinach taste.

I looked at Dicks website which has benches not in their stores. So far, I like the Amazon pick precisely because it folds. Though perhaps having a non-folder might be a constant reminder to get to it. Won’t be this paycheck. I still have time to explore a little.

Sun’s getting real low…. Betty knows the artificial sunset (fade down of the lights) means second dinner is coming soon. She’s been staring at her empty plate for awhile now. “I’d love to make sure that’s empty. But this a warm lap. I won’t get another until breakfast.” 😿🤦🏼‍♂️ No. but she’lll get some shoulder, chest, butt, and spoon time. She’ll stick her face in mine in the middle of the night. (“Not the eyes, Betty. No pink eye!”) And she might ride my belly too.
Nah. We're just picky about different foods, that's all. Have you ever seen/tried the Persian cucumbers? You might like them. Just try one if you haven't. I'd be interested to know what you think.
Yeah, special stuff makes life life instead of just existence. For me, it's jewelry and fragrance. As far as food goes, I like these little sweet peppers, multicolored, that come in bags. Organic or not, doesn't bother me. I'm not an "organic" person. Whichever one is cheaper, if the store has both. I chop them up and put them in my green salads, which I require with most dinners as that's how I was raised. The olives aren't really bougie, they're just Moroccan. The store I shop at is a small Armenian-owned chain (search "Glendale, CA" if you don't know about this -- I'm not Armenian but anyway) catering to an international clientele. Their prices are the best around, and I like that plus being able to get foods some American chains don't carry here. Trying to get a large package of corn tortillas from Ralphs is impossible. (This is L.A.!!! but Ralphs seems to think corn tortillas are some kind of purely ethnic food. Everyone I know eats tortillas.)
Do zukes and squash scare you? *You might want to ask your folks if you are part cat.*:insertevillaugh:
Yeah, having the bench in the corner of the office, under the windows, is definitely a good thing for me. On the rare occasions when I have to talk myself into working out, it's there, silently accusatory. *You're not really going to walk out of this room tonight without using me, are you? Well, ARE you?*:walk:
How did Ms. Betty do on her second dinner?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought we escaped a hairball the other day when she was leaving remainders over the course of a few meals and then a stinky bonus loose poop which was almost certainly hairy. Then her appetite picked right back up. Hairball averted? Maybe. Until this afternoon. I wasn't home and it looked like Betty was well on her way to delivering a clean lunch plate. It was clean when I got home. But there was a greasy little hairball right in front of her plate. Low residue. I probably didn't need to blot the area with Resolve. But I did anyway. I hope that doesn't put off her nose. I don't see a second spit. So that will be a barefoot surprise for a later hour. I don't know how her appetite is since the hairball. But she had no qualms eating her taproom treats after her meds. Just to be sure, I put a 2/3 portion out there. She can have the full portion on second dinner if there are no further incidents. I don't like the frequency of her hairballs. But the severity is much improved from before her year of steroids. It's often a couple of spits and move on with her day. As for the frequency, I don't blame her. The weather has been so weird with the mini heat waves, followed by mini cold spells. Shed. No wait. Grow it back. No shed it again. I even pulled out the cold weather jams last night after sleeping in a tank and run shorts for a few weeks now. It's a good thing it's a three day weekend. I need a do-over for the cloudy and chilly start to summer today.

I didn't make Betty's dentist call this week. My one-rock-deep task bucket got filled with refilling her ondansetron. Her gabapentin and ondansetron renew on approximately the same days except ondansetron skips a month. So whenever I'm refilling her gabapentin (last week), I peek in the ondansetron bottle and see if it's this month or next month that I need to get it refilled. It was this month. And although it took me four days to fill out a web form with four fields, the pickup went much smoother than expected. Last time they hadn't even started on it when I arrived to pick it up. This time not only was it ready, but the Walgreens pharmacist introduced me to their Rx Savings finder which looks for free third-party prescription discounts. I don't understand what's in it for Walgreens. But I got her prescription for 1/3 of what it usually costs and I didn't have to sign up for anything....that I know of... ? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9.74. Same as last week. Purrfect!
IMG_0243.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg
“I don’t take pictures of you on the scale!” 😾

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9.74. Same as last week. Purrfect!
View attachment 477085View attachment 477086
“I don’t take pictures of you on the scale!” 😾
Yay Betty! ...and she's announcing it, too!:hearthrob::cutecat::hearthrob:
Yeah, same thing here with the weather. When I do the wash it's like summer stuff/almost winter stuff. Hmmmmm. And most days this week, the sun comes out just around workout time (5:30/6ish) if it shows itself at all. June Gloom all day, every day, in May. It must be very confuzzling to a cat's body clock. I follow Elvis around with the brush sometimes. He leaves "cat furzles" all over whether I do or not. If I was one of those people who makes stuff out of shed fur, I'd have a small wardrobe by now. :lol:
That's great about the Rx and yeah, weird! Although I will say Walgreens has been my go-to drug store for a long time because of their generally excellent service, extensive inventory, and good prices. They seem to pride themselves on a great reputation and customer loyalty. So maybe that's it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell Betty doesn’t like these weather changes because she burrows on gloomy days. Betty comes to me for brushing. She loves it. She’s got a beauty bar of various brushes and combs and she loves them all. All of them except the nail clippers. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m tempted to try one of those hanging bags with her. But I wouldn’t put revenge (or panic) pooping past her from all the times she has soiled herself at the vet or on the drive home. 😾💩🤦🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell Betty doesn’t like these weather changes because she burrows on gloomy days. Betty comes to me for brushing. She loves it. She’s got a beauty bar of various brushes and combs and she loves them all. All of them except the nail clippers. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m tempted to try one of those hanging bags with her. But I wouldn’t put revenge (or panic) pooping past her from all the times she has soiled herself at the vet or on the drive home. 😾💩🤦🏼‍♂️
*Probably not* then, on the bag? 😾😦
Our cat claw scissors are right here in front of the monitor. That's where they live. There is dust on them🙁 I've had cats run the gamut from "ABSOLUTELY PAWSitively NO WAY!" to very scared, to shredding my hands, to chillaxed, when trying to perform this (helpful!!!) action. My beloved Birman beauty Tashi used to turn my hands into handburger. She had the sharpest scimitar claws! They were long and kitten-sharp. When I hear Elvis clicking on the laminate, I vow to help him out. It's usually only (very) partially successful over quite a long term.😞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Probably not* then, on the bag? 😾😦
Our cat claw scissors are right here in front of the monitor. That's where they live. There is dust on them🙁 I've had cats run the gamut from "ABSOLUTELY PAWSitively NO WAY!" to very scared, to shredding my hands, to chillaxed, when trying to perform this (helpful!!!) action. My beloved Birman beauty Tashi used to turn my hands into handburger. She had the sharpest scimitar claws! They were long and kitten-sharp. When I hear Elvis clicking on the laminate, I vow to help him out. It's usually only (very) partially successful over quite a long term.😞
Because Krista would let me hold her like a baby cradled on her back with all four paws easily accessible, she was an easy one to cut her claws. Because she adored her cat trees and also scratching the carpet, she didn't need trims as much as Betty. Because Betty has hip dysplasia and arthritis, I don't try to hold her like that. Also, she's a bit bigger than Krista. Betty let me cut her nails ONCE. And I don't remember how we pulled that off. I think I had her on her back leaned back against my belly on the chair. Stuck turtle position. Except she's a squirmy turtle. So I don't think that worked again or we would still be doing it.

My home automation doesn't recognize holidays. I thought I was going to sleep in this morning. Nope! Artificial sunrise started up around 7:30 like any other weekday. That means I had until 9:30 to cook and eat breakfast and have adequate Betty time before all the automation herded me into the office. At 11am, the office speaker will turn off in anticipation of my usual daily conference call. That's when I get off my automation's schedule and can enjoy the rest of my unstructured holiday. In other words, a burger and a beer at the taproom. 😸

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tried stuck turtle with Betty again and she got one claw caught in the carpet and two claws from different paws stuck in my clothes. As I'm trying to free her and she's trying to free herself, I'm laughing and telling her, "this is what we're trying to prevent." I calmed her down and resumed brushing and petting her. When she was totally calm, I got in a claw or two before she noticed what I was doing. Then more brushing and more petting before I got just the tip of another claw. I could not get at her dew claws. She didn't want to cooperate for that. But I estimate I probably got five or six tips off the front claws. Better than nothing. The other day she had bits of carpet stuck in her claws. She was not taking any help from me and those carpet bits were pretty well looped into her claws. I managed to get one of them off. The other took some claw with it when I removed it. She didn't yip, yelp, or run away on a doom loop. So I imagine it must have been that claw's time to go. Still, I know she would be happier not sticking in clothing, carpet, and fabric.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tried stuck turtle with Betty again and she got one claw caught in the carpet and two claws from different paws stuck in my clothes. As I'm trying to free her and she's trying to free herself, I'm laughing and telling her, "this is what we're trying to prevent." I calmed her down and resumed brushing and petting her. When she was totally calm, I got in a claw or two before she noticed what I was doing. Then more brushing and more petting before I got just the tip of another claw. I could not get at her dew claws. She didn't want to cooperate for that. But I estimate I probably got five or six tips off the front claws. Better than nothing. The other day she had bits of carpet stuck in her claws. She was not taking any help from me and those carpet bits were pretty well looped into her claws. I managed to get one of them off. The other took some claw with it when I removed it. She didn't yip, yelp, or run away on a doom loop. So I imagine it must have been that claw's time to go. Still, I know she would be happier not sticking in clothing, carpet, and fabric.
Yeah. And if she swallowed those carpet bits, it would maybe be a carpetball (is that even a thing?) :sniffle::sickcat:I don't like hearing Elvis clicking on the laminate. It doesn't happen often, and he does use his activity center and other vertical scratching surfaces a fair amount. I've never seen him touch a horizontal one. Five or six tips would be cause for celebration here! :agree::goldstar:
I get up at 7 every day and call it a day at 11. It's supposed to be good to keep a regular waking/sleeping schedule and I had to train myself to do this, but it works, even when I don't get 8 hours, like this morning when our downstairs neighbors started fighting or ??? at 5:30. *What ARE they doing in there, anyway???*
Enjoy the taproom! and hope you get some more claw tips.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swapped out the Ripple Rug top (the ripples that never really held a shape) for a Yogi Toes (yoga mat towel.) Betty seems to approve of the change.

Speaking of change, Betty is showing up to eat like I never feed her. She used to wait until after she’s had a gabapentin nap. Lately she’s been starting breakfast directly after meds taking. Which is nice because I can go directly to third sleep and not worry about when she will wake.

But she has also been pooping me out of bed. Not literally. But she will take her poop right after that breakfast pass. Just as I’m getting ready to drift into third sleep….”that’s not going to wait.” 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swapped out the Ripple Rug top (the ripples that never really held a shape) for a Yogi Toes (yoga mat towel.) Betty seems to approve of the change.

Speaking of change, Betty is showing up to eat like I never feed her. She used to wait until after she’s had a gabapentin nap. Lately she’s been starting breakfast directly after meds taking. Which is nice because I can go directly to third sleep and not worry about when she will wake.

But she has also been pooping me out of bed. Not literally. But she will take her poop right after that breakfast pass. Just as I’m getting ready to drift into third sleep….”that’s not going to wait.” 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
Yeah, you basically don't get one without the other :lolup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you basically don't get one without the other :lolup:
I would be concerned if I did. But she's generally not on a perfect 24 hour pooping schedule. So when she poops seems to move around the clock. Sometimes it is overnight and I get to clean it up with breakfast prep, sometimes it's with my breakfast and I get to clean that up just before eating (thanks Betty!), and sometimes it's smack in the middle of the day, usually when I'm at the taproom, and I get the "Poop Cam has detected a motion" notification. "Sorry, Betty! That one is going to have to wait." Compared to my previous cats who had to deal with automatic litterboxes and their various defects and flaws, Betty likely has never had such a dedicated bathroom attendant. 😸

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be concerned if I did. But she's generally not on a perfect 24 hour pooping schedule. So when she poops seems to move around the clock. Sometimes it is overnight and I get to clean it up with breakfast prep, sometimes it's with my breakfast and I get to clean that up just before eating (thanks Betty!), and sometimes it's smack in the middle of the day, usually when I'm at the taproom, and I get the "Poop Cam has detected a motion" notification. "Sorry, Betty! That one is going to have to wait." Compared to my previous cats who had to deal with automatic litterboxes and their various defects and flaws, Betty likely has never had such a dedicated bathroom attendant. 😸
The same holds true for Elvis! all the way around. Since I also work at/from home, I scoop around 5x a day, or whenever needed. Overnight, though, he's like me -- he gets up. And unlike our Finnish cat friends, he doesn't use the people-box. 🚽

Wrobel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Ha ha ha sounds like Betty is thriving <3. And a good poop never killed anyone haha. Glad she has an appetite. Yesterday, our regular vet called back and said he won't be able to help us. Then the surgeon from the oncologist's office called and also reiterated we can't get an appointment with the oncologist without a diagnosis. We were stressed, then possibly a blessing in disguise happened. Wrobel seemed to have UTI symptoms suddenly and I took her to the local hospital that also has oncology but would not previously grant us an appointment. The doctor on duty provided Wrobel with an antibiotic shot and listened to our story. She was moved by our story and offered to advocate for us with their oncology team and they already requested Wrobel's records from the unaccommodating surgeon. We are grateful that God seems to be doing some work for us behind the scenes. Also, when we got back from the hospital Wrobel caught a baby mouse that must have entered the basement while I've been keeping the door open throughout the day. She has never caught a mouse before and she didn't want to give it to me... so I let her play with it for a bit, but she ended up munching on it a little ughhh that was scary but I guess this means the meowtrazine is working oyoyoy. Hope you and Betty are having a relaxing Caturday! >^;^<

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah! Another hairball. A little regurgitated food with it. Happened while I was out. Then she spit up her treats not long after medicine. And she only ate a little bit on first pass of dinner. Still. Not pushing her. In fact, I had already taken some off her plate just because of the hairball. Then the treat spit and I took a little more off her plate. She might still have a little hair in her. So a little hunger wouldn’t be the worst. I’m trusting her until she shows me I can’t.

Sad and concerning about the hairball. But we did just get an uptick in heat again. 😿