Shelter cat is broken and super depressed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cosette is definitely feeling better. She still stays under the couch, but she's much more receptive to attention, and she's more playful when she comes out. Thursday she goes for checkup. Getting plenty of food into her before the pouting on Thursday and Friday!

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope all goes well on Thursday. So we will see about her pouting Thursday and Friday😏 Sometimes they surprise us. She could just be happy to be back home from another vet experience. Nice that Cosette's safe spot has moved a little. Playing is a good sign also. She is feeling a little more relaxed. Moving along!♥♥

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad Cosette is doing so much better, all around.
My gut is telling me that her teeth were giving her so much pain. Now, with this obstacle removed, she can come out of her shell and become a real 'cat'. I do not think it will take much longer. She is really beginning to trust her.

Do not worry about her 'pouting'. She is probably just scared-- I would not take it as pouting.
Sometimes, Geoffrey will not be himself, and hide for a full day after going to the Vet; especially if he has blood work done. Cats do not hold grudges. She will just be withdrawn for a bit.