Am I overreacting?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep telling myself to not freak out when this happens, and have been fairly successful, but none of my usual tricks seem to be working this time, especially the Mirataz.I’m going to stick with different food options today and pick up a couple other options. If I don’t see some improvement in the next couple of days I will give the vet a call. She seems OK otherwise, played some yesterday, snuggled all night and spent the early morning laying on my chest and patting me on the face. She also exhibits her “I want food behaviors” which include pawing on me, or whatever I happen to be sitting on. Just doesn’t want “mama approved” foods.
Well it's good she is acting like herself and does displaying any symptoms besides these eating problems- but we all know how well cats can hide just about any feelings of being unwell,even painful toothaches!!!Amazing,,right?

Though we do know our babies very very well so it's a bit more difficult to hide things from MAMA!lol

She eats those dang Temptation products though doesn't she?Maybe it's better she eats " Twyla approved" than lose more weight? Is she a big kitty,she looks perfect weight in her photos- hard to tell their size in pictures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it's good she is acting like herself and does displaying any symptoms besides these eating problems- but we all know how well cats can hide just about any feelings of being unwell,even painful toothaches!!!Amazing,,right?

Though we do know our babies very very well so it's a bit more difficult to hide things from MAMA!lol

She eats those dang Temptation products though doesn't she?Maybe it's better she eats " Twyla approved" than lose more weight? Is she a big kitty,she looks perfect weight in her photos- hard to tell their size in pictures
She gained about half a pound after she had a dental extraction last year and weighed 12 pounds six ounces at her heaviest. She has been hovering just above or below 12 pounds for the past three months or so. I was attributing some of the recent loss to losing muscle mass because of the lower protein diets. She was slightly overweight at 12.6 so this is a good weight for her, but don’t want to continue the downward trend. Twyla approved is definitely the name of the game for right now!

I have noticed some sneezing over the past few days which isn’t normal for her. She does have discharge from her eyes, but that is not unusual for her as she has an occlusion in her tear ducts.

I just had a repairman in working on my refrigerator and she came downstairs into the kitchen to supervise and get a couple of treats - she is a very social cat.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how cute they look when watching repairmen intently,it really looks like they are making sure they do a good job - lol

Take a photo,please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love how cute they look when watching repairmen intently,it really looks like they are making sure they do a good job - lol

Take a photo,please
No picture of her helping out but here she is snoozing last week. I am keeping an eye on the sneezing - It does seem to happen when she’s eating.

20240513_091333.jpeg