Mama cat with mastitis antibiotics/Need to hand feed kittens with difficulty

Umerwhat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you somehow make like a small fenced in area right outside the crate for them? That way the kittens can move around a bit, but still be in mama's sight. A couple of times, I've made one by cutting down a large cardboard box and lining it up with the nest. Keep the height of the box a couple inches above what you think the kittens can handle, but still easy for the mom to get out. Though in another week, you'll be limited in what you can do to contain them. Hopefully the mama will be ready for the kittens to explore by then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unusual1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you somehow make like a small fenced in area right outside the crate for them? That way the kittens can move around a bit, but still be in mama's sight. A couple of times, I've made one by cutting down a large cardboard box and lining it up with the nest. Keep the height of the box a couple inches above what you think the kittens can handle, but still easy for the mom to get out. Though in another week, you'll be limited in what you can do to contain them. Hopefully the mama will be ready for the kittens to explore by then.

I will try that thank you

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd leave mama cat do what she thinks best. For whatever reason, she wants them in the box, so why stress her out by taking them out if that is where she thinks they need to be. If this is because of her being away from them for a week, then she will soon stop.

Giving them some space outside the box, as mentioned above is a good idea. but let mama be in charge of what she chooses to do with them if they get into that area. Maybe once she realizes they can't go far, she will be fine with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unusual1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I thought I would give you pictures of the gorgeous kittens and the pretty mama that has given me all the worry but all are now doing great

Thank you all for your support and comments they have really helped xx

Attachments