What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles we are looking for single story only so they were built in the 70s usually. from what i have noticed all the newer modern ones are multi story with the garage built under it all :confused: stairs to climb to get into the main floor with all the bedrooms up another set of stairs. a ceiling fan helps alot to keep the air moving around. oh and around here they have lots of apartments condos etc. that are all solar powered the rent/own is really expensive to live in one of them. my aunt lives at one for the retired

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:lol:cooking meat without fire just isnt the same if you cant get that little bit of sear or burnt edges.using a wok to stir fry just doesnt work with out a high flame.
This is so true. I've been living with all-electric for so many years now that I'm just...done. You cannot cook properly with electric. No real control. LOL, IF I should ever win the lottery, or IF PCH ever came to my door with one of their BIG prizes, this is the range that I want:

1716077484348.png

It is, of course, gas, but they also offer electric, and dual fuel convection options. I would, however, get the antique copper trim package. AND they have refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves and wall ovens to match! Expensive, but...dream kitchen for me.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so true. I've been living with all-electric for so many years now that I'm just...done. You cannot cook properly with electric. No real control. LOL, IF I should ever win the lottery, or IF PCH ever came to my door with one of their BIG prizes, this is the range that I want:

View attachment 476617
It is, of course, gas, but they also offer electric, and dual fuel convection options. I would, however, get the antique copper trim package. AND they have refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves and wall ovens to match! Expensive, but...dream kitchen for me.
There is a store in Kidron, Ohio that serves the Amish community, and everything they sell is non-electric. We stopped there once in our travels years ago, and they had such stoves on display, nickel fittings and all. One, in particular, would make two of the one shown, and it cost, in 1990 dollars, north of $3000, and it burned either wood or coal. The cook stove we had on the farm was roughly the size of the one shown, sans those 2 side burners, and mostly we burned wood.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No gas stoves for me. I’m not a fan of open flames in a house. I don’t really remember cooking in any of the places we lived that had gas appliances. It was probably not more that boiling water for kraft mac & cheese anyway. :lol:

all the newer modern ones are multi story with the garage built under it all :confused: stairs to climb to get into the main floor with all the bedrooms up another set of stairs.
That’s how they all seem to be here. I know one neighborhood had nice duplexes that were single story. It seemed the goal here was figuring out how to squish the biggest house on the smallest plot. We had so many Monopoly House neighborhoods go up that theres now an initiative to build apartments and townhomes to be more affordable for families. It was definitely an off balance market here. Hopefully it will level out. They did build a number of communities for +55 up though. They seem pretty nice amenity wise and I could see being comfortable there in retirement if the HOAs aren’t rediculous. Wonder what the chances of that are?! :rolleyes2::lol: