Zorro bites my dad's toe during nightime

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually nighttime bites are the cat playing. A toe wiggles or moves under the covers and the cat attacks it like a toy prey. When the cat bites it should get a firm “no” and if it happens again the cat should be removed from the bedroom for the night.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m of the “look cat if you wake me up, you are locked out for the rest of the night” evil group.

My advice? If you can set up a cat room with food, litter box, water, a bed & a couple of toys. If the cst wakes anyone up, the cat is calmly placed in the room, the door is shut and the cat is ignored until morning alarms go off! Expect loud meowing & door rattling at first, much like a temper tantrum. Ignore it all costs! You can have a bad few weeks or kitty can play with dad’s toes for the rest of the cats life! Run a box fan or two to help drown out the cat’s tantrum. If you don’t have a spare bedroom, use a bathroom.

My other advice? Play with the cst twice a day and keep all cat toys & play out of dad’s bedroom. Get your cat to chase wand toys up & down furniture & cat trees to help tire them out. Most importantly play & feed your cat 30-60 minutes before bedtime. To help the cat sleep/leave you alone through the night.

Also interactive toys you buy/make rotate left out in the living room can help your cat leave you alone. It is what I do for my hyper boy when it rains or I get sick. Interactive toys are a greasy way to stimulate or tire out your cat’s mind. One example is puzzle feeders (start easy) or eltronic toys. My cat & my mom’s 4 cats all love hexabugs! Just place them on a hard surface (not the kitchen) and let your cat chase them. You can also make your own interactive toys.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know exactly why he does this, anyone can figure out? Here he is btw.
If he is a kitten,totally understandable. If it's late night-dawn used a food timer. When my cat Maggie was younger,playtime for her was after her last meal,so I would lock her out then let her back in once she calmed down usually 15-30 minutes

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well a mysterious object moving under a blanket is just a fun thing for cats to try to attack and play with. Give the cat a firm NO and remove the cat from the bedroom. Can your dad just keep his bedroom door closed at night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Well a mysterious object moving under a blanket is just a fun thing for cats to try to attack and play with. Give the cat a firm NO and remove the cat from the bedroom. Can your dad just keep his bedroom door closed at night?

[/URL]
Well, that is easier said than done as you see, we do not have our own bedrooms. We only have mattresses to sleep on. Also, we sleep on our mattresses at the living room. But ok, maybe we move our mattresses somewhere else? There are the computer room, TV room and one other unused room. This would be a lot to uncurl here so it would appreciated if you guys can help us.