Zoey's bedtime routine

WickedCanuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok...so....Zoey is 2 1/2 years old and we've had her since she was 2 months old. We also have a dog, who is great with her. Ever since we've had Zoey, we used one of the bedrooms as her room. It has toys, a cat tree, a bed, her litter box. It's a safe environment for her. Because kittens are so crazy, we've always put her to bed at night in the room and closed the door. It's been her routine for all the time we've had her. Recently I thought that since she is 2+ years old, and more mature, we should try her outside of her room and let her be free in the house at night. There's not much she can get into. We've gotten up in the morning to finding an occasional pen or other item on the floor....not a big deal at all. My question, or thought, is.....how can I tell if she's ok with being out of her room at night. Am I needlessly disrupting her 2 year night time routine? Am I causing her stress? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As long as her room is still accessible for when she wants to rest, leaving her out is probably not stressing her. Right now she is probably exploring the house while everyone is asleep and is enjoying her freedom now that she is a big girl. As long as you are aware that she is probably getting on the counters and such during the night as she explores and you keep things put up so she can't get hurt, everything is more than likely fine in her eyes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WickedCanuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great...thanks for your input. Yes, her room is always open and available to her.