Zeus and *Athena* at 6 Weeks

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zeus and Apollo hit 6 weeks yesterday and today the vet came over to give them their first check-up, deworming, and a distemper shot. In the course of the checking, she determined that Apollo is, in fact, an Athena. It's ironic since someone said early on that they thought Zeus may actually be a Hera. Zeus is definitely a Zeus, though. I had started noticing a difference, but I thought maybe Apollo was just lagging behind a bit. I have to get used to calling her a she and Athena now. It will take a little time to adjust.

The good news is that they're doing well and they're running around like little maniacs when they're not fast asleep. The bad news is that the blood tests came back FIV+. I know there's a good chance they can live long healthy lives regardless, but it will make the task of adopting them out a good deal harder.
I'm just hoping to find some good cat people who aren't daunted by the disease.

Regardless, they're still absolutely adorable, so here are some pics of the latest kitten cuteness.

Playing in the "fort."

Checking out my camera.

*Athena* playing with my foot.

Zeus. He was fascinated by that paper weight.

Can I come up? OK, I'm coming up anyway.

Zeus sleeping on my lap.

They were worn out after the visit from the vet today.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww...
Freakin cute as ever!!!!!

I, too, had thought Zeus would turn out to be a little girl, but I guess we were all fooled! Sorry to hear they're FIV+, but with some education and support, hopefully they will go to loving homes with no problems! I think these babies will live long happy healthy lives, thanks to your and your friend's care and love.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have the cutest little facial expressions. Lots of personality, I can tell.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very sweet and playful kitty, sending some vibes for fast recovery from FIV..

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, how could anyone resist those precious little faces?!?
Sending vibes that they both find great homes, preferably together!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
They are just the most precious little ones! I hope you'll be able to find a loving home for those cuties!

lovin cheech

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eep! They are so cute!

Great pics! My favorit is the one Zeus draped over your lap. Something about a big guy with a tiny happy kitten that makes me melt.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was me thinking Zeus might be a Hera. Oh, well.

I noticed it's like when I had siblings Jade (red Tabby) and Jasper (brown tabby - aka "thong boy" for those of us at TCS here long enough to remember the 2004 Virtual Vacation.). I have a thing for those belly spots.

Cute pics, esp. one from a veeeeeeery interesting angle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cattoys

Very sweet and playful kitty, sending some vibes for fast recovery from FIV..
Thanks for the vibes, but it's not really something they get over. It's a lot like the HIV virus in humans, so they'll have it for the rest of their lives unless someone comes up with a cure. The good news is that it doesn't really make them sick, it just makes it harder for them to fight off an infection if they do get sick, so there's a very good chance they can live full healthy lives like any other cat.

Originally Posted by Lovin Cheech

Eep! They are so cute!

Great pics! My favorit is the one Zeus draped over your lap. Something about a big guy with a tiny happy kitten that makes me melt.
Aww, thanks.

Originally Posted by gemlady

Yeah, it was me thinking Zeus might be a Hera. Oh, well.

I noticed it's like when I had siblings Jade (red Tabby) and Jasper (brown tabby - aka "thong boy" for those of us at TCS here long enough to remember the 2004 Virtual Vacation.). I have a thing for those belly spots.

Cute pics, esp. one from a veeeeeeery interesting angle.
Yeah, I love those belly spots. Also, I'm not sure it shows in any of my pictures, but Athena is looking like she's going to be a spotted tabby. She looks like she has a splotched pattern like a lot of the American Shorthairs I've seen at cat shows.

As for the angle, I had to coax Susan to take that shot. Zeus was looking down at the floor and she kept trying to shoot from above. Luckily, the camera has a fold-out LCD screen, so all she had to do was turn it around and take the shot.

BTW, I just realized I posted the same picture twice. This is the other shot of them playing in the fort that I meant to post.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are soooo absolutely precious
! Maia and I are sending lots of adoption their way, anyone would be lucky to have such loving kitties! Not to mention Zeus has a tail to grow into

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're precious... lots of that they will both go to awesome homes!