yowling in the night

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last couple of nights I've heard what I think are cats yowling in the night in the woods next to my apartment.   I've gone out a couple times to see if a cat's desperate by where I put the food and mad cause I took it up, but see no one.   What do you all think?   I'm worried this means pregnant females soon.    Hercules is the only cat I feed regularly, but there are others out there definitely not fixed.   (I do have a plan in mind for them but can't take action for a few weeks yet.)

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yowling generally means a male cat is looking to mate, so, yeah, you're right:  look for kittens in around two months.

Nothing much you can do immediately until you can catch them and TNR.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yowling generally means a male cat is looking to mate, so, yeah, you're right:  look for kittens in around two months.

Nothing much you can do immediately until you can catch them and TNR.
There is no emoticon to describe my panic at the thought of kittens!    Gotta keep it together.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agree with the others. :sigh: Mating.... that is what you are hearing. AW hun, get those traps out, if you can. Just last night I heard some awful howling and chattering sounds from my back yard, which is wooded. It was not cats, I know what sounds they make. I was certain it was raccoons. Went out there with a flashlight, YEP, FOUR raccoons, and I think only one was female. Mating season has begun all around. :shame:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raccoons too!   Guess it is the season of love, maybe it is no accident Valentine's Day is in mid-Feb!   

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Foxes make weird noises, too.....
Our foxes here are relatively small red type of fox, they sound such that one could think it being sound of owl, they are usually at field around mile away and I can hear their sounds very well during the night.

Spring is starting here too, despite being all operated they seem to start getting some spring time boost, lot more wrestling and they even destroyed my keyboard at night, pulled keys out, too much energy because days getting bright again...