Your view on purchasing a Scottish fold

Naperbug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello friends. I have a local breeder willing to sell a 12 week old Scottish fold kitten.

The price is $1500 with all vet and vaccination record.

However I was reading that folds have health issues early on.

what are your views? For me this kitten would be a house pet and no breeding.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what about its breed registration paper work? for me personally if i am paying that much i will want its pedigree etc. along with its vet records and stuff. even if its not a show quality cat

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello friends. I have a local breeder willing to sell a 12 week old Scottish fold kitten.

The price is $1500 with all vet and vaccination record.

However I was reading that folds have health issues early on.

what are your views? For me this kitten would be a house pet and no breeding.
Agree you need registration and pedigree. Scottish fold can have bone deformities so if not bred correctly they can have issues. A recent study discovered that even if bred correctly they can still have issues because the fold gene is not always dominant and a non fold cat can carry the gene too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Naperbug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is TICA registration different than pedigree document?
Thanks

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is TICA registration different than pedigree document?
Thanks
The registration usually has the kitten and parents listed. Quinn’s breeder gave me a certificate listing all parents grandparents great grandparents. And then I sent in a form for registration. It was not tica another cat association, the oldest one. I am not sure about tica. You should ask the breeder if they have done testing etc.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Folds are bred to have health problems. I'm just an average cat person, not a breeder or shower, but I would not buy any animal that was bred to have characteristics that are detrimental to them.