Your tips for getting your cat in!!

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well although I have a catio built for Luna, she got out yesterday morning around 7am. I tried everything to get her in, treats, little bit of tuna, her fav string toy she goes crazy for but she just ignored me all day. Around 3pm I managed to see her in the garden with a mouse in her mouth and I knew then she wasn’t coming in. Fast forward to 11pm and she was still playing with the mouse I had no way getting it off her, anyway fast forward to 2am and it seems the mouse either passed away or escaped and she still wouldn’t come in not matter what food or toys I tried. She hadn’t even eaten yet. She strolled in around 7am, has her food , walked upstairs pushed my bedroom door open and went sleep on my bed 😂.
Any other tips to try and get her in if this happens again or is it basically she will come in when she wants.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a "she will come in when she wants" type of thing. Be happy she stayed close by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a "she will come in when she wants" type of thing. Be happy she stayed close by.
Great, I thought there would be some magic trick to get her in

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they just do what they want. Grey loves food and 9/10 times will come to a shaken treat bag. If grey cat has wandered past the range of the treat bag noise in the morning I just put out some food and water for him before I leave for work.

But i will say its easier to get them in when they know they can go back out again vs. They never get out and they know you want to catch them.

Sounds like she had a fun day with the mouse and tuckered herself out!