Your Most Hated Christmas Song

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

A woman after my own heart. I absolutely HATE Christmas music. I make the Grinch look like Bing Crosby in White Christmas.

I don't hate all aspects of Christmas, just most of them. I don't believe in the religion behind it (or any religion for that matter), nor do I see the point of a Christmas tree. How did a baby being born in a stable and receiving gold, frankincense and myrrh turn into a guy in a sleigh being pulled by 8 flying reindeer and delivering presents to 100 million homes in one night by going down chimneys and putting presents under trees?
Ah - so very well said!

I'd also like to add that I work retail - so those 30 minute loops of Christmas songs? Try it for 8 hours once.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ah - so very well said!

I'd also like to add that I work retail - so those 30 minute loops of Christmas songs? Try it for 8 hours once.
I've been there. I used to work in an electronics store about 8 years ago. The worst is when they ask you to work overtime during Christmas season. I'm pretty sure 10-14 hours straight of Christmas music is the first circle of hell.

And one thing that I forgot to mention that I actually like about Christmas: EGGNOG!!!!!!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate that one too..

Also "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" is the stupidest song I have ever heard. I want to smash the radio when it comes on..
Oh Nat! Me too! I have never disliked a song so much in my life!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I hate any & all Christmas music & would happily burn every trace of it I can find.

There is one that grates on my nerves to no end they play at work all the time - I can hum a segment of it, umm....can't think of any lyrics (I know the cook lady hums it in the movie the Secret Garden). But there is a chunk that is violin music that is like nails on a chalkboard!
Greensleeves I think is what you are thinking of. If I remember correctly. And yea that one gets stuck in my head!
I HATE Simply having a wonderful christmas time... I hate it... I want to kill it.

But I love anything Trans Siberian or Manheim Steamroller. Both of those are amazing and I will listen to them constantly if I have the chance! Reminds me I need to find some of their music for our party Saturday!
I actually dont mind most of the classical stuff but I hate when they try to jazz up stuff. It turns out like crap!
Oh and I cant hear Little Drummer Boy without cracking up thanks to a friend changing the lyrics. its a very easy song to turn very...um... inappropriate.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Greensleeves I think is what you are thinking of. If I remember correctly. And yea that one gets stuck in my head!
YES! That is it - and it drives me absolutely batty! The version they play at work has a bit of violin in it....nails on a chalkboard!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I can't stand ANY Christmas music anymore! They start playing Christmas music 24/7 on B101 (101.1 FM) a week before Thanksgiving, and after Thanksgiving my boss insists on us listening to it, if I want to listen to the radio, I have to listen to the constant Christmas music. After 2 years in a row of listening to the same 6-7 songs for 8 hours in a row, I turn off the radio as soon as I get into work.

There are certain songs I can stand, others I can't. I HATE "Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time", "Hippopatomus for Christmas", and many, many more, but right now I can't think of them. One that I really really can't stand, but they don't really play it on the radio is "Where are you Christmas?" from the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Jim Carrey as the Grinch. You know, the one that Cindy-Lou Who sings? They don't play it on the radio, but Mike's cousin is obsessed with that song, and she will sit there and play it over, and over, and over again (She does this with any and all songs she likes) and sings along with it. Lets just say, that there is a reason why she isn't a famous singer.

I LOVE "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". That is one Christmas song that I remember from being little and I have always loved that. But, that is one of the songs that is constantly being played on B101 and it does get very annoying. As I already said, I turn the radio off when I get to work!

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate simply having a wonderful christmas time too, and Feliz Navidad or however it is spelled. they are both WAY tooo repeatative.

I also hate Do you hear what i hear, Santa baby, that song "Things i like the best" or what ever which isnt even really a christmas song but they play it this time of year sometimes. Chestnuts roasting on an openfire <<<< Bleck...this one makes me want to pull out my hair.

I also hate any song that used Christmasing as a verb. Christmas is a holiday which makes it a noun...not verb. You can not Christmas. hehe sorry for the mini rant haha.

Despite my long list, there ARE holiday songs i like

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like Christmas but I have a list of songs I hate and its interesting that you are all mentioning Christmas songs you hate and none of the carols are making an apperance!!

Lets see: I can't stand "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time", Santa Baby, Christmas Shoes and this one (I don't know the name of it) where this guy runs into his ex-lover in a grocery store and they end up drinking about how bad their lives ended up for the life of me I can't figure out how that is a christmas song....The song doesn't bother me what bothers me is that is is labeled as a christmas song.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh that reminds me of that one really sappy gross christmas song i dont know the name but it goes "Last christmas i gave you my heart, but the very next day you threw it away so this year ill save it for someone special" or something like that. it makes me want to puke.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by oodlesofpoodles

Ohhhh that reminds me of that one really sappy gross christmas song i dont know the name but it goes "Last christmas i gave you my heart, but the very next day you threw it away so this year ill save it for someone special" or something like that. it makes me want to puke.
I was just coming into this thread to post that song. It's "Last Christmas," and I think originally done by Wham. I think "Ham" would be more appropriate.

"Feliz Navidad," at least the commonly played version, is an oddity. It's on an album by Jose Feliciano which was never officially released due to some sort of dispute between the artist and the record company. It's generally thought he slyly released a copy of the album and the song took off. The recording company gets zilch for it.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Little Drummer Boy makes my skin crawl. Several years ago, my brother told me that was the number 1 hated Christmas song.
LDB is annoying as #&% to me but I do like "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". I like it very much

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of them. I've heard about a half hour of Christmas music and I'm ready to hurl. I need metal and I need it now....ah, Megadeth.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas music makes me want to hang myself from the tallest Christmas tree. I particularly hate Leroy the Redneck Reindeer.
My favorite classic country radio station played nothing but Christmas music for 2 weeks straight. It is the only station I play in my cab, thank goodness it has a cd player, too. I had 2 weeks of Clutch, Social Distortion, and anything else the opposite of sappy Christmas music I have in my collection. The Marines loved it. I may never use the radio again.