Your Funny Moments At The Vet?

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Molly has polydactyl front paws, and basically has thumbs with an extra hidden claw between her thumbs and the rest of her paw. (Six claws total per front paw.) They're completely invisible most of the time, so the first we learned of them was when they ended up getting horribly ingrown on both paws and we noticed her limping. We took her to the vet, and he's calm, competent, manages to clip the claws, extract them from her paws, sterilize everything and make sure she doesn't need stitches.

She's been pretty chill, considering, trying to pull her paws back and squirm away, but not clawing or biting, and making sad meows rather than hissing or growling. The vet warns us as he's about to let go of her that she's probably going to try to lash out after he releases her, or alternately might dart into her carrier or to one of us. He lets go, clearly ready for her to whirl and swipe or nip.

Molly.....crams her head under his hand and starts purring as she rubs her head all over his palm. He just looks totally gobsmacked as he takes the hint and starts petting her. "I've never had a cat that I've had to treat for an ingrown claw want anything to do with me right after...." She's just doing her best engine impression, shedding everywhere, looking blissed out. He was just so confused as I laughed and told him "Yeah, Molly loves you. Molly loves EVERYONE."

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Resurrecting an old thread here that I remembered but had a funny trip back from the vets with this elderly couples Golden Retriever.
I picked their dog up and she was excited all the way to the vets bouncing around on the back seat and looking out the windows.
On the way back she sat sideways in the seat, quiet as a mouse and when I turned to look at her she lifted her nose in the air and turned her head away and looked out the window. She was really upset with me and blew me off everytime I looked at her.
I think she thought I had betrayed her..instead of a fun trip in the car we went to the vet.:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking forward to hopefully one day finding out how Boone and Gracie do at the vet. I got them in May so any vet trip so far has been "drop off" only. :ohwell:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vet is also a livestock veterinarian for a lot of local farmers in this area...

While waiting in the lobby during Casper’s latest visit we overheard the vet in a phone conversation with one of her farmer clients.

The punchline goes:

”That’s the reason why you are supposed to tie a string to the thermometer and hook it over the cow’s tail before you take its temperature!”

:eek: :doh:

Gut laughs all around!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vet is also a livestock veterinarian for a lot of local farmers in this area...

While waiting in the lobby during Casper’s latest visit we overheard the vet in a phone conversation with one of her farmer clients.

The punchline goes:

”That’s the reason why you are supposed to tie a string to the thermometer and hook it over the cow’s tail before you take its temperature!”

:eek: :doh:

Gut laughs all around!
*UH-OH!!!*

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was actually before the vet appointment. I was putting Apollo into the carrier and he peed all over me when I picked him up. I was taking him to the vet to check for a UTI and to make sure he was not starting to block. The vet is about 5 minutes from my house and the vet was still able to get a urine sample. This was a new vet because his regular vet did not have any appointments available for a week and we chose not to wait that long. Apollo is a talkative cat and he has a very defined cuss meow when he does not like something. The new vet asked me if Apollo was always a vocal cat. He described Apollo's meow during the exam and I told the vet that Apollo was swearing at him during the exam. He said Apollo was loud but calm during the exam. I told him that was completely normal and would have happened if we had been in the same room during the exam. Apollo did not have a UTI and was given an injection for inflammation. I did call the vet's office on the way there to let them know he had peed on me. Their reply was well we know he is not blocked but we will still do a urine test to check for a UTI.