Your Funny Moments At The Vet?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Just yesterday my Bourbon was brought by my husband to the vet for possible Upper Respiratory Infection. Bourbon hates the vet like other pets. The minute she went out of the crate, she ran and causing the vets and assistants to chase for her all around. It was really funny looking at all of them trying to get hold of a big slippery cat.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses (RIP 2018) had a bad yeast infection in her ear. The vet was trying to clean her ears out with a cotton swab, but was ONLY holding on to Reeses' ear. The vet then got ointment in her eye while trying to apply it to her ears. Reeses was not happy (I was livid). She jumped down onto the floor as we talked about a treatment plan. There was an old dial scale on the floor that was missing it's glass cover. Reeses parked her butt over the hole and peed while glaring at the vet with one eye closed. When she was finished, she trotted over to my mother (her person) and asked to be picked up. Reeses destroyed that scale. It was incredibly clear to everyone in the room that Reeses did it out of spite for the rough treatment she received. Gosh, I miss her. She was an amazing cat.
There is nothing better than a cat who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. That story has me laughing pretty good :lol:
We had this cat who oozed royalty. If she didn't like you, she'd hop up on the counter, fold her paws under her and stare at you. If you stupidly tried to pet her, she'd reach out, sink her claws into your hand and pull it close and give you a good hard bite. (Luckily for everyone with chronically bandaged hands, she got sweet as she got old and never clawed, bit, or did anything but ask to be picked up for a cuddle.)
The farm vet was making his rounds and we wanted him to check her ears because she was really itching at them and they looked black, like she had mites. The vet walked in, the cat sat on the counter. She literally had her nose in the air and was staring straight at the vet. The vet took a step towards her, peered at her, and gave us some ear mite medicine :flail: No exam charge for that one :crackup:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat was absolutely horrible during vet visits - he scratched, bit, and sprayed out of his anal glands. He was so bad that the vet techs wouldn't work with him and called him "the cat from hell". The only way a vet could examine him and give shots was to allow him to sit or lie on my head. It looked totally crazy, and he was a very large cat, but it had been his favorite place to sleep as a kitten and made him feel safer. :dunno:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first time I took Manny to the vet he had a pretty rough time of it. He was tested for Flv, FeLv, a blood test, a fecal exam. and then his normal booster shots. They had trouble finding a vein when trying to draw blood so that took a few minutes and a few pokes so, he wasn't to happy.

He was sitting behind me when was all done, on the bench in the exam room. We were waiting for the girl to come in to give us the bill and pay. He had been quiet through the whole exam and while we waited to pay. She came in and when she gave the total, and as soon as it came out of her mouth, Manny let out a super loud meow and you could the angst in his tone. I just laughed and said, " I know buddy, that's to high ain't it?" The girl ringing me up laughed and said, "He couldn't have timed that any better"

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia went to the vet today. After trying to jump off the scale in the back (I was watching) the tech put her back on the exam table where she immediately jumped off and found the, uh, best hiding spot in the room.
0711191457_HDR.jpg
0711191457a_HDR.jpg

Tech left and I put her back in the sleepypod, where she felt safe enough to stay, but I did get this look.
0711191458a.jpg

I know. Curse my sudden but inevitable betrayal of bringing her to the vet.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my previous cat to the vet for his booster shots and as I had a broken thumb at the time i asked the vet to also give him his worm tablet.
After the booster shots he had had enough and pushed his head under my sweater and climbed up inside..ouch ouch all the way!!
As his head popped out the neck of my sweater the vet grabbed his head, tilted it back and popped in the pill.
She said. "Perfect...easiest pilling I had all day".

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my previous cat to the vet for his booster shots and as I had a broken thumb at the time i asked the vet to also give him his worm tablet.
After the booster shots he had had enough and pushed his head under my sweater and climbed up inside..ouch ouch all the way!!
As his head popped out the neck of my sweater the vet grabbed his head, tilted it back and popped in the pill.
She said. "Perfect...easiest pilling I had all day".
:lolup::crackup:Well, wasn't it?
GORGEOUS silver beauty in your avatar! I don't see many silvertabs around.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My first GSD who was huge...126 lbs...was backed into a corner by a cat who got out of her carrier. The dog jumped behind me on the couch and started to cry. Ragnar was fine with my cats but they had shown him who was boss and it is typical of GSDs to not always know what to make of a small animal. A male akita coming at him and he would have known what to do.

As he aged he got degenerative myelopathy which is MS in dogs. When I would take him out of my SUV into his cart his bladder would express on my feet no matter what I did and I had to walk into the vet's with pee all over my lower legs and feet. The vet looked like Jude Law and I was always really embarrassed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first GSD who was huge...126 lbs...was backed into a corner by a cat who got out of her carrier. The dog jumped behind me on the couch and started to cry. Ragnar was fine with my cats but they had shown him who was boss and it is typical of GSDs to not always know what to make of a small animal. A male akita coming at him and he would have known what to do.

As he aged he got degenerative myelopathy which is MS in dogs. When I would take him out of my SUV into his cart his bladder would express on my feet no matter what I did and I had to walk into the vet's with pee all over my lower legs and feet. The vet looked like Jude Law and I was always really embarrassed.
Oh, gosh. IDK whether to laugh...or not.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
When I took Indy to the vet for her first series of shots, she screamed like a little girl when the vet gave her the needle. It literally sounded like a toddler screaming at the doctors office.

Never heard a noise like that from a cat before. My other cat bit the vet once though when she gave him a rabies booster.

Both are normally very chill at the vets and will lay on the metal table waiting for their checkup to be done, Indy even purrs happily the whole time. But there's something about needles they don't like.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, just talented fingers. I have seen her delicately open a cat's mouth to check teeth, and also pull a 2,000 pound bull's mouth open and give him a bolus the size of your thumb.

Oh, I got it, finally. Yep a really, really long claw.