Your experience with Neutured males versus spayed females? Behavior :)

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had neutered boy kitties only and they were all very affectionate cuddle bugs. I know it depends on an individual cat's personality, but what is your experience with the behavior of guys verses gals? Have you observed any differences?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've always had neutered males as pets, with just one exception. If I go by the cats at the shelter, the only differences I've seen is that neutered males seem to make friends a bit more quickly than spayed females do, and the males' play is a little more boisterous. Whether and how they show affection is more a personality trait.

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No difference at all, in my experience, aside from their individual personality traits.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had all females except for one male that that belongs to my mother.  My girls have all been affectionate and gotten along with each other.  The boy Mom has; he is a timid lap cat.  He was born a bit prematurely and was sickly when he first came home.  He was about a pound.  The shelter workers would carry him around in their pockets to help him stay warm.  He rode home inside my step-sisters hoodie.  He loved to sleep on our shoulders and our older cat snuggled him, bathed him and taught him both good and bad behavior. 

I can't say his gender is what made him like he is.  He's similar to female cats that I've had in many ways.  I have had everything from skittish cats to overly friendly ones.  He is more timid than skittish.  But then my female soul-kitty was very skittish.  

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had plenty of both.  I can't say that I've noticed any unique differences or traits.  

catlover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are such individuals. In my 'life' with cats I have had 5 males and 2 females. Not usually by choice but because either they 'found' us or we picked out a few at a shelter not really caring whether they were male or female. Three of the males I have had were very affectionate and pretty 'mild' mannered. The same for one of the females. 

The other female, well she was a hand full. So they are just like people which is one reason why I love them so much. All unique and special in their own way