Your Electricity Bill

flamesabers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
During the summer when I run the AC my electric bill runs about $70-80 per month. Otherwise, my electric bill stays around $30-$40 per month.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a co-op so our rates are not bad. DH and I were thrilled after we moved into our house. We had owned a metal sided and roofed trailer when we were in our early 20s. It costs less to heat and cool our traditional style house that's not quite twice as big. We could probably save a little more money in the winter if we used our wood stove more; but it doesn't heat our bedroom too well and our bathroom is downright chilly. :lol:

When we bought the house we had a fully grown silver maple in the front yard and the back. Plus another silver maple that was decent size. Those trees have done a lot to shade the house. The front silver maple had to come down last year. I was NOT happy but there was a large rotted spot and DH was afraid of the tree breaking toward the house. That side gets afternoon sun and you can tell it heats things up. It's a blast of hot air whenever we open the front door and the sun has been beating down on it. I keep dark, thermal curtains on all the windows on that side of the house!

My mother lives 20 minutes away and has a different electric company. Her house is bigger and has some vaulted ceilings; so she pays quite a bit more. Sometimes double what we do. When I lived at home they never used the AC. I got good at sleeping in hot hot weather. Now they run it no questions. :lol: