Your cat’s reaction to flea control?

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do your cats react to flea control being put on them? The moment mine see me reaching into the drawer to pull out a familiar foil packet, they both run! It’s not the terrified/scared kind of run. More like a “Ewww not that again!!” kind of run. Meffy is especially dramatic because she would run “around” me so it’s not easy to get her. Once I do get her, she would squirm so much I could barely part her fur properly. Meimey is more resigned to her fate because she’s too lazy to run.

I wonder if the flea medicine feels funny on them. Like maybe it is cold when it touches their skin? They don’t have any other reactions aside from being dramatic 🤣

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patches hears the packet and he's off we have to pin him while we put that little drop on him, you would think we was tipping acid on him then he sulks for the rest of the day. Bandit doesn't bother so much I wouldn't say he enjoys it though he'll still runs to hide but accepts his fate once he's caught. And then he's okay no sulking from him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Patches hears the packet and he's off we have to pin him while we put that little drop on him, you would think we was tipping acid on him then he sulks for the rest of the day. Bandit doesn't bother so much I wouldn't say he enjoys it though he'll still runs to hide but accepts his fate once he's caught. And then he's okay no sulking from him.
Aww he sulks. It’s such a big deal for him.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two both run. Gracie will just submit and let me dose her. The moment the applicator touches Boone, you'd think I was stabbing him in the neck with a knife! :rolleyes: Both get treats afterwards.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Jamie completely overreacts. My husband held him in place while I put the drop on his neck and for whatever reason, he considered the holding to be worse than the drop and avoided my husband for a month.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to give Morty and Po flea medication for about 6 months when we lived at our old flea infested apartment complex. Neither really reacted or cared. They really didn't seem to notice it much. Morty did get a big scab on his neck from one of the meds though. :( Luckily since we've moved we haven't had any problems.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For us it was when I tried Advantage II, which didn't even work. When I got Cheristin (I know, controversial) prescribed from our vet we didn't see any scabbing.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:graycie will try and bite or swat at the gf as she applies it.guess graycie hasnt figured its a team effort and to protest against me when i am the one holding her:lol:guess she knows it doesnt faze me:lol:or she loves me more so all is forgiven

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
We think that Jamie never realized that a drop of liquid was put on his neck, but he did know that he was held down and then heard me say "it's okay now, baby" so that means that it had to be DH's fault.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two both run. Gracie will just submit and let me dose her. The moment the applicator touches Boone, you'd think I was stabbing him in the neck with a knife! :rolleyes: Both get treats afterwards.
Meffy’s reaction is even more dramatic than her bath time. At least she doesn’t run away during a bath but this tiny 0.4ml drop is like the worst experience ever.