Your Cat's Favorite Wet Food?

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
They have also eaten in the past Pride rabbit, nutro natural choice chunky chicken, redbarn chicken stew, tiki gourmet carnivore line , earthborn chicken jumble, fussy cat chicken and shrimp, I just settled on the least expensive of the better foods, I feed my Ferals friskies mixed grill, turkey & giblets and supreme supper. They also get Merrick dry in yellow bag. My indoor guys like friskies also, but it is not grain free. My indoor cats get no dry just purebites chicken freeze dried treats (doggie size) I shop at chewy.com and petco.com

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are the canned formulas/recipes she seems to enjoy the most;

Natural Value Sardine & Shrimp
Purina Beyond Turkey & Sweet Potato
Purina Pro Plan True Nature Beef Classic
Sheba Chicken Entree
Sheba Turkey Entree
Iams Chicken Country Style Dinner Premium Pate

mjscats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat absolutely loves Taste of the Wild, specifically their salmon and venison flavors. She also absolutely loves Fancy Feast, although she refuses to eat the seafood flavors, and it probably isn't very healthy. :rolleyes:. I wish you luck on your quest for cat food :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everybody.
I will write them all down and start with the grain free ones.

lunafox90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please post your cats favorite wet food.

After trying several weruva flavors, we are feeding our boys weruva paw licken chicken. However it is a struggle to get them to eat it and I have to sprinkle crushed greenies on the food to get them to eat more than a couple of tablespoons.

Please post the brands and flavors that your cats readily eat, as I want to encourage our guys to eat more wet food.
After researching on catfood database i decided to try nutro and wellness, my two kittens gobble up the nutro chicken softloaf like they havent eaten in days. Its a bit on the expensive side though. The database has foods based on ingredients and nutrition and it tells you if there are possible allergens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, you have given me lots of "food" for thought.

I will see what is available locally and add some variety to the boys food.

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Simply Nourish . It is Petsmarts higher end brand. It does have cranberries in it and a few other healthy vegetables. My cat prefers the dry simply nourish over the "blue wilderness" dry food. Ive decided to keep him on that for awhile. He still likes funk in the trunk (flavor) by weruva but now I know he doesn't like natural balance wet food so much. Weruva is the winner. My vet advises against raw food and asks I keep him on a singular brand and not vary his diet.

cheshirebite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine prefers:
Nature's Variety (LID or not) - rabbit, turkey, lamb
ZiwiPeak - rabbit, venison, lamb
Nutro chunky - chicken, turkey
Soulistic - good karma, harvest sunrise
Lotus - venison

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Each recipe I mentioned is corn free, wheat free, and soy free. Decide whether or not other carbohydrates/starches are of concern to you; things like potato, tapioca, cassava, sweet potato and pea.

Joandlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens favourite wet food is Chicken soup for the soul kitten food the first ingredients are Chicken, salmon, chicken liver, turkey, duck, chicken broth

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats will only eat Friskies, Fancy Feast, Purina One, Purina Pro Plan, Sheba, Meow Mix, and Whiskas. They won't eat cheap store brands or 9Lives and they won't eat the expensive fancy brands. I have to buy what they will eat. I think Sheba is grain free. The cuts are really nice. My cats won't eat Sheba pate unless it's in a can for some reason, but they seem to be phasing out the cans and replacing them with the plastic.

laura mae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Instinct Lamb seems to result in kitty lip smacking by 4. They also love Wellness pate in Turkey, Chicken, Turkey and Salmon. They tolerate Wellness Core. My one cat that tends toward constipation likes Weruva.Steak Frites is popular, but so is Lamburgini. Weruva Double Dip, Fowl Ball, Pretty in Pink get the paw up from Boo, but the others won't touch it.

They like Fancy Feast Classics. Chicken, Turkey, Beef Pate. I split one big can and 2 small cans twice a day for the 4. Boo gets a 1/2 can of Weruva twice a day. Three are thin and get a 3rd meal in the evening of one big can split 3 ways. Boo gets a pet and a scritch. Halo won't come upstairs so she doesn't see the snack.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With Ailish, the more expensive the better. Any Purely Fancy Feast she inhales. Instinct Anything. Currently chowing on nothing but Ziwipeak Venison while I try to figure out if her moderate itching is a food allergy. Loves to the point of climbing to the ceiling on my bookshelf Stella & Chewy freeze dried Turkey, which I use as a treat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ailish- My male cat hated the Purely Fancy Feast. I got all 7 flavors and he walked away from all of them. I couldn't believe it because they are just flaked or shredded meat, what is there not to like? They were expensive for how small they are, but at least my female cat enjoyed them.

_spadekitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat gobbles up anything fancy feast lol I only feed him the classics on occaison, he seems to like flavors with liver the best.

He also ADORES Wellness Salmon sliced/cubed. He licks his bowl clean when I serve him that. I'd love to have him on it as his main food but I worry thats too much fish.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really tried my guys on many flavors. If I got a few trial cans from market research campaigns from different companies, they would eat them as a snack. Yay! Wet food! Then Tommy got FLUTD and had to be moved off the kibble and I just picked up Nature's Variety Instinct duck at Petco because they had enough to get me through the week and They've been eating that brand for years. They ate the first two cans happily so then I bought them a few cases until I decided to try them on Nature's Variety raw medallions in chicken. Then they ate those happily too and I'm thinking you guys are weird you'll eat anything and I made them homemade raw with rabbit and turkey and before I even froze any for later I put some in their dishes and they snarfed that too. Every time I open the fridge door lately Tommy will throw himself in looking for the little jar of bacon grease. They will eat anything.

fidola

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please post your cats favorite wet food.

After trying several weruva flavors, we are feeding our boys weruva paw licken chicken. However it is a struggle to get them to eat it and I have to sprinkle crushed greenies on the food to get them to eat more than a couple of tablespoons.

Please post the brands and flavors that your cats readily eat, as I want to encourage our guys to eat more wet food.
I tried every pet store or Chewy premium brand available and the only kitten food she will eat is Pro Plan Focus. I'm trying to switch her to Pro Plan True Nature but she's not liking it.

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went through a few weeks of semi-scientific testing of various grain-free canned foods, planning to transition my 1-year-old to half dry, half wet. I had already moved her from the Royal Canin kitten chow they had been feeding her to Nature's Variety Instinct Ultimate Protein Chicken (dry). Then I started trying various wet foods during the day, the healthy dry at night. She was very reluctant at first -- the only wet foods she would touch were Merrick Purrfect Bistro Chicken Pate, Natural Balance Ultra Chicken & Liver pate, and Nature's Variety Instinct Grain Free Chicken Formula. Oh, and Fancy Feast Classic Chicken Pate. She hates shreds and chunks, doesn't like turkey. Haven't tried any fish, or other proteins.

And now she seems to want to wean herself off the healthy dry food, and really chows down on the canned. Which is fine, but I really wanted her to be more flexible. So... I bought a case of the Merrick, some larger cans of the Natural Balance and ordered a case of the NVI. Now, within the last couple of days, she doesn't want anything but the canned Merrick! She's turning her nose up at the dry NVI, even if it's all there is at night, and refuses to have anything to do with the Natural Balance, which she loved 3 weeks ago! I just hope when the NVI arrives (today?) she doesn't spurn it too! How on earth did she get to be so fussy, almost overnight? Have I created a monster?