Your Birth Month Is What You're Panic Buying

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no need to panic buy toilet roll. I work retail and have plenty of chances to purchase TP and paper towels at work. Even at the height of the shortages in my area I was able to easily get TP and paper towel. My bosses made sure that none of us struggled to by toilet roll. I had a harder time finding hand soap and hand sanitizer. At one point we started using an antibacterial dish soap as hand soap. I still use antibacterial dish soap to wash my masks.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really have no need to panic buy toilet roll. I work retail and have plenty of chances to purchase TP and paper towels at work. Even at the height of the shortages in my area I was able to easily get TP and paper towel. My bosses made sure that none of us struggled to by toilet roll. I had a harder time finding hand soap and hand sanitizer. At one point we started using an antibacterial dish soap as hand soap. I still use antibacterial dish soap to wash my masks.
I haven't done any panic buying. It's just me so things last longer. I wouldn't stock up on pasta regardless because I don't eat a lot of it. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There’s no way on this earth that I’m going to start hoarding pasta. I bought a pasta maker for my KA mixer. And I have my Mil’s old Atlas pasta maker. No hoarding.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm. Thanks. I have never had Ramen noodles.
I have had them but I don't care for them. I am very sensitive to the taste of salt and I think they are extremely salty tasting. They are a very cheap meal which is why they are so popular with college kids. You can get a big box of them for a few bucks.

A made from scratch Ramen is popular in some Southeast Asian countries and have found it's way to restaurants in the U.S. I haven't had that.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had them but I don't care for them. I am very sensitive to the taste of salt and I think they are extremely salty tasting. They are a very cheap meal which is why they are so popular with college kids. You can get a big box of them for a few bucks.

A made from scratch Ramen is popular in some Southeast Asian countries and have found it's way to restaurants in the U.S. I haven't had that.
Yeah. They don't sound very good. Some of my friends say Ramen noodles are their favorite food. Yuck. What ever happened to pizza????

Now made from scratch is a whole different story.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some ramen packs are better than others. Ichiban is very good, most of the ones you can get for 10 cents a packet, not so much, lol. Although if you look up recipes online you can find all kinds of interesting things to do with the cheap noodles, without using the (sodium-filled) flavor packet. Throw a few veggies in and saute it for a few minutes, voila it's a noodle stir-fry.

I'm quite familiar with ramen; I've just never heard it called Super Noodles so I wasn't sure.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Water. They got that one right, because I when the power goes out, our water goes out. Have to wash my hands and brush my teeth.