Your All Time Favorite TV Show

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge fan of the HBO series "ROME". So mad it was only two seasons! Robbed!

Unfortunately, it was one of those cases where its not that it wasn't popular, but being so expensive it had to have crazy high ratings to be as profitable as cheap shows.

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My all time favorite would be Babylon 5. I own all the seasons on dvd.
My other favorite was Star Trek Voyager.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O definately I Love Lucy. You should hear me do the Vitametavegamin commercial!
I have seen them hundreds of times and yet still there is something about the show that I think the world needs more now than ever.

Then....o lets see...Everybody Loves Raymond is hilarious! I love Amy's brother, Peter.....so weird!!

I don't care for annimation so Family Guy and Simpsons are not on my list. The old Dick Van Dyke show is brilliant also. My kids got me the collection for Mothers Day.

I love Midsomer Mysteries although they are not available on tv here right now.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The X-Files. I loved The X-Files.

Other favorites:
Supernatural (Haven't missed an episode in almost six seasons! I think it's been renewed for a seventh season.)
Prison Break (watched it on DVDs, thanks to my co-worker)
Dexter (again, thanks to my co-worker)
True Blood (co-worker again......he loans me DVDs and I bring in lunch and snacks for him from time to time. It works)
Bones (I've just recently discovered Bones and watch it now every chance I get. TNT runs episodes nightly and I've been trying to catch-up.)
Star Trek (A trekkie from way, way back. I loved TNG more than the others, although I was a fan of the original series too....Captain Picard rocked.)
Moonlight (Dear lord, I loved that show and will still sit down to watch the DVDs. And I'm still peeved that it got cancelled, although Alex rocks as McGarrett, on Hawaii 5-0.)
Firefly (co-worker again)

Real oldies, but goodies:
Dick van Dyke Show
Bewitched
Bob Newhart

I don't watch reality shows. DH watches The Amazing Race.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I could pick just one.
But I do love Little House On the Prairie (wish it was still on
), Cheers & Frasier (never miss 'em - even though I've seen some of the episodes at least 10 times
), and Whose Line Is It, Anyway: that show just cracks me up!
I used to love watching American Idol, but not anymore - now that I'm convinced it's rigged.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great topic! My all time favorite is Seinfeld.

I also love Designing Women (the seasons with Delta Burke, that is), The Amazing Race, King of the Hill, and Unsolved Mysteries. Plus, does anyone remember Tales of the Gold Monkey with Stephen Collins? It wasn't on for that many seasons and I never see reruns, but it was a great show.

As a game show fan, I like The Price is Right and used to love Supermarket Sweep. I tune in almost nightly to GSN for reruns of Family Feud.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the old TV shows the best, I love Lucy of course and Dick Van Dyke. Also lately is Father knows best and The Waltons.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My all time favorite shows are Soap, Quantum Leap, and Star Trek. Also the mini series Rich Man Poor Man.

allroundthesun

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ALL TIME favourite is The X-Files *cough*nerd*cough*.
If I could choose a second all time favourite, it would be The Simpsons... As far as I'm concerned, it ended after season 10.
Just let me lie to myself, please?

Other old favourites that have ended but that I rewatch regularly: Extras, Summer Heights High, Meerkat Manor, The Office (okay, it's still going, but I stopped watching after the fifth season), Kenny vs. Spenny, Da Ali G Show, We Can Be Heroes, Arrested Development, Home Movies, Important Things With Demetri Martin, Wonder Showzen, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Current favourites (as in stuff that's still on the air): South Park, Family Guy, Louis Theroux's BBC Two Specials (if that counts, a new one comes out every two or three months) Aqua Teen Hunger Force, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Robot Chicken. As you can see, I have extremely high brow taste in television.

Aside from that, I watch a loooooot of Animal Planet/Discovery Channel/Nova/Natural World/National Geographic/etc. documentaries, both old and new.

And since so few of my favourites are still on the air I'm trying to get into 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation, but I've only just started.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All-time favorite... oh gosh, it has to be The Andy Griffith Show, for so many sentimental reasons.

But also The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Smothers Brothers, I Love Lucy, The Avengers (but only the Emma Peel years), Magnum P.I., Bosom Buddies, WKRP In Cincinnati, Saturday Night Live (but mostly just the first few years), Cheers, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, Everybody Loves Raymond, and the very best TV show ever -- The West Wing.

And currently, it's Deadliest Catch and Househunters International and Brad Meltzer's DECODED.

But I do so love my secret little treasure of a show that hardly anyone remembers, because it didn't last long... Tales of the Gold Monkey! If I were going to live in a TV show, that would be the one.