You Will Be Missed, Tigger

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP Tigger

We had to make a pet guardian worst decision last night. We had to put our 20 year old baby girl Tigger down. She has really been going downhill fast the last 3 weeks.

Back in September 2017 we took her to the vet since we brought home a new member of the family, Buddy. We wanted to make sure she was in good health since it was a long time since she had been to the vet. We found out she had high blood pressure and stage 2 kidney failure. She was given a blood pressure pill and put on a special diet.

Tigger and her brother BC came to us back in 9/1997.
They were from some feral cats that hung around were I used to work. I brought the mommy cat home and her 4 kittens. 1 of the kittens did not make it. We kept Tigger (9/97-2/18) & BC (9/97-8/16) and found a home for the 3rd kitten. We already had 2 cats, Spike (2/96-8/11) and Ginger (10/96-4/11).

Unfortunately for us, the gang is all together again.

Happy tails guys!

tigger1.jpg

tigger3.jpg

tigger4.jpg

tigger5.jpg

tigger8.jpg

tigger9.jpg

tigger10.jpg

tigger11.jpg

tigger12.jpg

tigger15.jpg

tigger16.jpg

tigger19.jpg

tigger22.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tigger, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

How heartbreaking to lose a cat who has been by your side for so many years, but what a wonderful life you gave each other! Later, later, when the grief is not so immediate, the sweet will overtake the sorrow, you know. But not quite yet. We are here.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, 20 years was a wonderful life....those pictures are wonderful, it looks like a picture from our house as we have ones that look just like that.

You did a great job and gave Tigger a wonderful life, and you will all be reunited again one day and it will be beautiful.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Tigger, 20 years is a lifetime for everybody.
No doubt that your house is blessed and that you are good guardians, or they would have never got to that age.
Your photos are wonderful tribute to his life, thanks for sharing them with us.

RIP Tigger, now you're a kitten again and your life will be eternal. Play along with the Gang and look after your guardians from up there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your pain, no matter what the age they leave us it leaves a tremendous hole in the heart. But what a wonderful, full life she led! Those wonderful memories far out number the sad ending, don't let those sad memories take over the good. Try to get to a place where smiles can dry up those tears, it is as she would want for the one she loved so much.
For now you must grieve, because you have suffered the loss of treasured companion and family member from your life. But the love you both shared has formed a strong bond between your hearts, a bond that can never be taken from you, not even by death. So use those precious memories to bring comfort to your heart, and know you shared your life's journey for twenty years with that sweet little girl. She now follows another path right alongside your own until the day you meet once more.
I cry with you because I can feel your pain. I mourn with you because I mourn my own and know your loss. Please knoe I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care.........RIP precious Tigger. You will never be forgotten and will be forever held in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again! Good night, sleep tight, little Princess.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to Tigger. :bouquet: Your photographs are wonderful and taken together, they let us see her life unfold from an adorable little sprout to the handsome adult she grew to be. I like them all but especially the third from the last which shows off her beauty and sweet personality. She sounds like a very special girl.

For being so small, they take over our hearts, taking up a residence deep within that remains, even after their physical body has left us. I'm so sorry that Tigger has passed away. Hopefully some day, you will find some comfort in your memories of the good times that you had together. She could not have asked for more in life than to live in a caring home with loving humans to care for her. It was a long life, too, a long happy life with her favorite human. You made that happen, so again, though I know you're in pain, I hope you can touch the warm memories of your time together and begin to heal.

RIP Tigger :rbheart::angel::rbheart:.

tabby with wings.jpg

Last edited: