You will be missed, Miss Grumpy the condo's cat

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was the longest stayed feline resident of my condo. She was a "street cat", but I prefer to call her condo's cat because she was. Usually here most cats live in a street / condo for a while -- days, weeks, months, couple years. Then leave to look for more adventures. Miss Grumpy stayed here for years. You couldn't pet her. She would hiss at you as soon as your hand got close, but she never hurt anybody. She was quick to come to you when you had food. She enjoyed watching other cats and sitting on narrow spaces (see above)

She was also one of the toughest cats I have known. She had some sort of health problems frequently like an ear infection, fleas.. but she ALWAYS bounced back. Usually on her own, right before someone took her to the vet. Almost she sensed it and was like "Oh no I'm fine now!"

This spring her dental issues got worse. She could still eat pate food, but anything else she passed. Because she also had the habit of hiding we couldn't do a good job at feeding her enough and she lost so much weight lately. A neighbor finally could take her to the vet. She had surgery there and couldn't make it. I have a bunch of "What if we..."s about if we could save her but I guess it's a part of the grief.

I just wanted to add her here to celebrate her life. She didn't have one home, she had more. And she will be missed. 🌈
grumpy.jpg

HipstamaticPhoto-550405997.203703.JPG

IMG_4998.jpg
HipstamaticPhoto-565785620.404735.JPG

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you all for doing your best to take care of her, she lived her life the way that she wanted to and seemed content with it, but she knew kindness and love from you all even if she didn't show it back. She never would've lived so long without your help, and where she is now she is fine, just fine, and one day when you meet again she will thank you for caring!!!!

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, thank you for caring for her, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you.......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the little things in life mean so much. A cat that found a place in your heart is one of them. She found someone to care, to feed and love her, and that is all she ever wanted in the world. She is now a part of your past and your memories that will always have a place in your world. You cared what happened to her and that makes you a wonderful person, especially in her eyes. As someone long ago once said; "don't cry because she is gone, smile because she was there". She is eternally grateful for people like you, and you can be thankful you had a part in her life.
My heart goes out to you, time is the only thing that makes her leaving any easier. One day at a time......RIP Miss Grumpy. You will be dearly missed and shall always have a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Miss Grumpy, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on so very many hearts forever!

We always have those "what ifs," and those of us who are involved with ferals have more than most, I think. While they do not live in our homes, these cats do live in our hearts.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss...rest in peace Miss Gumpy...Sorry for the loss of the complex, they add so much in small ways we never notice.

We take care of ferals too...had had to rush a couple to the vet who didn't make it...previous little lives that some of us do not forget or ignore...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Miss Grumpy, you left your footprints not on one heart, but on many. You won't be missed by one, but by many.
And you will be remembered by many. This isn't a privilege of every cat's.

MissClouseau, you and your neighbors did the best for her, none of you could never regret a thing. She had her personality, and you did all the best you could.
Losing such a cat, one of those who you have to build a trust with, is sometimes harder than one can expect.

Miss Grumpy reminds me of a cat who lives in my courtyard, she only likes me when I have food for her in the morning, then she doesn't know me any more, till night. She has dental issues, and luckily I'm managing to give her the best treatment, as much as possible. I was able to take her to the vet several times to have her teeth checked, medicines prescribed, and recently a dental cleaning and extractions. This latter helped her a lot.
These cats are so lucky to have someone that gives them a hand, or they would be living a terrible and shorter life.

Thanks for loving her, she is surely thankful to you.