You May Be A Cat Person If...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty Mommy Kitty Mommy lol, that's what I said, then I found out The Snowshoe is a disassociated alien :wink:
Tortie girls are right behind them.
Ours distracted me with a short, harsh scream that made me think a cat had fallen and broken a back, or had met some end with a heart attack but nope, she only was mad because her mousie toy had gone under a door and she couldn't retrieve it, so she screamed angrily at the door and did so until I retrieved it.
So she's there happily playing with her rescued toy and I'm nursing a mild heart attack.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!! Our tortie is getting more confident in the house and letting me know it. I was a little late feeding her yesterday since I came home a little later than normal and so I picked up her food bowl. She pulled it back down with her paw, probably to let me know how serious this was. Then as I turned to go fill said bowl with food in the kitchen she gave me a healthy swat to the leg, so I was lively with her meal. This being a warning swat, claws retracted for my first offense. A warning shot across the bow. I was a little nonplussed, I’ll tell you. But then again, I was livley with the food.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, when a long distance friend asks how things are going, you reply
  • Great! The cats are started to get along better
  • Awesome, found this new grain-free wet food with no carrageenan
  • It’s ok, Trin’s poop was a little soft today.
  • Pretty good, Olive did this cute thing where she chased her tail a lot!
  • Good. Looks like we are in for a long winter. :ohwell:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, when a long distance friend asks how things are going, you reply
  • Great! The cats are started to get along better
  • Awesome, found this new grain-free wet food with no carrageenan
  • It’s ok, Trin’s poop was a little soft today.
  • Pretty good, Olive did this cute thing where she chased her tail a lot!
  • Good. Looks like we are in for a long winter. :ohwell:
HAHAHA!!! I totally get this!!
"So, how's the family?"
"Well, Fluffy....uh, I mean, Mittens did this thing where....Socks was...Gracie...uh, you remember Simon, uh, no you don't, uh..."

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...you think that a cat washing its face is as delightful, charming and graceful as ballet
I can watch a cat take a bath for hours. It's like watching a lava lamp or a dog chewing a bone or something.
At the risk of sounding half as weird as I am, I get the same feeling watching water ripple on a really sunny, windy day.
...did that sound poetic? I hope so.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ours distracted me with a short, harsh scream that made me think a cat had fallen and broken a back, or had met some end with a heart attack but nope, she only was mad because her mousie toy had gone under a door and she couldn't retrieve it, so she screamed angrily at the door and did so until I retrieved it.
So she's there happily playing with her rescued toy and I'm nursing a mild heart attack.
JC has this horrendous howl like something from a horror movie. The first time she made that noise i thought she was really sick or had gotten injured so I scooped her up and ran to the vet. She was perfectly fine and was probably thinking I had lost my mind. I had no idea why she made that noise but it wasn't long before she figured out that I would jump up immediately and go to her when she does it. It's quite disturbing in the middle of the night.:eek2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also...
When a conversation like this happens:
Random person: "You have cats?"
Me: "Yes, I do!"
Random person: "ME TOO! I LOVE THEM!"
Me: "ME TOO!"
Random person: "I have 2. I'm a crazy cat owner!!! How many do you have?"
Me: "9 indoors."
Random person: :eek2:
Me: "We also have like 10 barn cats, all cats that just showed up. We paid to have them fixed and pay to feed them."
Random person: :eek:
Me: "We also built them a big dog house like thing in the barn with a heat lamp and straw. They have a couch in the tack room.
Random person: :noway:
Me: "There's some ferals hanging around. They pee on stuff and fight. We think we will trap and neuter them and feed them too."
Random person: :help:
Me: "Actually, I don't really know how many we have. 9 inside and at least 10 outside with ferals we sometimes rarely see would make my estimate total about 25."
Random person: :running:
Me: :rockout: "Do NOT try to out crazy the Crazy Cat Person."
LOL Yes... I have a similar thing. I work at PetSmart, and people ask me all the time...

Customer: "Do you have any pets?"
Me: "I have a few."
Customer: "Oh? Dogs and cats?"
Me: "One cat. And a few other things."
Customer: "Oh, really? What?"
Me: "Oh, let's see... A bearded dragon named Norbert, four hermit crabs named Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel, a bunch of fish, and plans for a royal python, Brazilian pink bloom tarantula, Russian tortoise, and a newt.
Customer: "Wha-? A lizard? A SNAKE?! Oh, Lord..."
Me: "What do you have?"
Customer: "A poodle."
Me: "EW DOGS."
Customer: "All of those weird animals, and you don't like dogs? You're a strange one."
Me::wow::censored::soapbox::frustrated::bliss::runaround:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I may as well confess it here, among friends: I've always wanted a tail. I mean, of my own. Natural, though. I do think cats are superior beings because they have them. :cool2:
Have you watched the show Orphan Black? "I want to see your tail...."

You know you're a cat person when you own not one, not two, but three cat dancers. And only one cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Yes... I have a similar thing. I work at PetSmart, and people ask me all the time...

Me: "Oh, let's see... A bearded dragon named Norbert, four hermit crabs named Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel, a bunch of fish, and plans for a royal python, Brazilian pink bloom tarantula, Russian tortoise, and a newt.
Customer: "All of those weird animals, and you don't like dogs? You're a strange one."
No, you're not weird at all. I don't like dogs, either. I kind of make exception for the one next door, but that's about it. *A Brazilian pink bloom tarantula? That's a new one on me. I'm going to google that right away.*
Those are beautiful spiders! Someone I knew had a tarantula but typical colored, not pink.

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When someone is telling you how proud they are of their 4 year old for graduating pre-school, and you're smiling, but thinking "hurry up and finish this story so I can tell you how proud *I* am that the new kitten learned to bury her own poop yesterday"....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am terrified of tarantulas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't think you're strange for wanting one because everyone out there has appreciation for some living thing. If we all only appreciated cats and nothing else, the dogs, bearded dragons, fish, reptiles, etc. would be screwed and that's not cool.
I do love snakes though. I'm on the fence with Poodles. A few of them I know are super smart, almost hyper human-like intelligent and a few of them are "the lights are on but nobody's home" that seem to echo the wind when it blows in their ear (if you get my drift.)