You May Be A Cat Person If...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My cats try to lick the hand cream off my fingers. My cats are weird.
Aren’t they all? :) One of mine loves to lick the cover of National Geographic magazine. No other magazines interest her, just Nat Geo. I try to hide it or read it quickly and get it out of the house.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is it that I only just noticed this thread?! It's an awesome thread! I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments!
:lol:

----

You know you're a cat person .... when you plaster your cat's photos over nearly the entire surface of your refrigerator, with only one photo of your parents or of your SO.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
How is it that I only just noticed this thread?! It's an awesome thread! I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments!
:lol:

----

You know you're a cat person .... when you plaster your cat's photos over nearly the entire surface of your refrigerator, with only one photo of your parents or of your SO.
And that explains why I maxed out the memory on my phone!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...if you have a delivery coming to the house and you pick up the cat from his nap on the floor, --ensuring you don't disturb the chosen position, carry the still half-asleep feline into a room out of the way, and again ensure you don't disturb the chosen position as you put said feline down on the bed...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, Sugar comes running when the cellphone rings and walks back and forth in front of me, dragging her tail across my nose and mouth, sometimes getting the tip inside my mouth.

She gives up in 10 minutes or so, then Meezy (Sheba) gets up in my face rubbing on the phone and loudly commenting (she has the Siamese meow, with a trill overtone.) My friend at the other end is laughing and starts talking to HER.

If you find this scenario familiar, you ARE a cat person, no doubt about it.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You decide you have way too many t-shirts but keep all the cat ones

You go on your honeymoon at Key West and tell your husband I don't care what we do, we just have to go to Ernest Hemingway's house.

Your co-workers come to you with all their cat questions.

Your gift in the Christmas Exchange is always cat related.

People bring you cat related things because "I thought of you"

You allow an extra 15 minutes in the morning to count all the cat noses.

Every conversation lasting more than 2 minutes involves cats.

You think nothing of spending $3,000 to have a cat's teeth pulled because of stomatitus but put off your own doctor appt. for financial reasons

Most of the artwork in your home is cat related.

The magnets on your car are all car related

You go to TCS even if you do not have time to go to other social sites.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
They are GORGEOUS! I have done hooked rugs and I know what it takes. They are family heirlooms I hope
She passed away in May at 95, and I shipped probably 30 rugs to myself! I already have a bunch of her rugs hanging all over the house, as does my brother. Sadly, we can’t keep them all. Not that many cat ones, but the ones she did are wonderful! She and Dad loved their kitties. I bought her one of those Joy for All Companion Cats when she got too old to have a flesh and blood kitty. She was so cute with it!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She passed away in May at 95, and I shipped probably 30 rugs to myself! I already have a bunch of her rugs hanging all over the house, as does my brother. Sadly, we can’t keep them all. Not that many cat ones, but the ones she did are wonderful! She and Dad loved their kitties. I bought her one of those Joy for All Companion Cats when she got too old to have a flesh and blood kitty. She was so cute with it!
I don't know those cats, but that is a wonderful thing to have done. My mom didn't make rugs, but her best friend crocheted, needlepointed, and knitted, and I have some of her work up here in the house. Their house was like my second home, and they were like my second parents. So the things she made are treasured by me, too.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Yes... I have a similar thing. I work at PetSmart, and people ask me all the time...

Customer: "Do you have any pets?"
Me: "I have a few."
Customer: "Oh? Dogs and cats?"
Me: "One cat. And a few other things."
Customer: "Oh, really? What?"
Me: "Oh, let's see... A bearded dragon named Norbert, four hermit crabs named Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel, a bunch of fish, and plans for a royal python, Brazilian pink bloom tarantula, Russian tortoise, and a newt.
Customer: "Wha-? A lizard? A SNAKE?! Oh, Lord..."
Me: "What do you have?"
Customer: "A poodle."
Me: "EW DOGS."
Customer: "All of those weird animals, and you don't like dogs? You're a strange one."
Me::wow::censored::soapbox::frustrated::bliss::runaround:
:crackup::wavey::clap:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To the ones you can't keep, I'm sure anyone who ends up them will notice the craftsmanship and appreciate a hand made piece. I know I would.:wave3:
I'm sorry for your loss, 95 is a great age and she sounded like a fun, classy lady.

To keep it cat related, when you find a dried up hair ball behind a couch and rather than running around for paper towels, you use your bare hands to peel it off the floor and toss it in the trash. :D