1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get that from a coworker, meows at me. He is a pet person with two dogs so I know he is having fun and not making fun of :) I had two cats at work, they live at my house now. Everyone at work knows I am a cat person.
Lol when i go to work when i walk in the door greeters will meow or say hello kitty! One of the door greeters gave me one of my rescues. She was found outside the store at 3 weeks old :) Most of the art students at my college also know im a cat lady i brought bottle babies to many classes!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You get over zealous preparing cat food to look pretty and separate things out on their plates so their palates don't have to mix flavors, and add a bit of parsley as a garnish, only to realize a dog has stolen the parsley slapped off the plate by the cat. Dog walks around the house for 2 hours with a chunk of parsley stuck between their front teeth.

Having a creature march into the kitchen and plop down and start cleaning their anus no longer bothers you during mealtime.

You recognize the signs of impending launches when a cat stands at your feet, bright eyed, tail swishing, and staring at your shoulders.

You've been known to pick up a cat stalking some other thing by picking them up, turning them the opposite way, and keeping them there until the eyes un-dilate.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
You routinely say "I'm not your jungle gym/trampoline/exercise machine" as you're trying to read a book and you have 3 or 4 cats playing bounce all over your lap/head/face. And they know what you're asking them, but they ignore you.. =D
:lol: Yes! “Do I look like a jungle gym to you?” I say, juggling cats, book, and a cup of coffee or glass of wine. And more often than not, it’s when I’m on the phone. What is it about the phone that attracts them?? I talk to them constantly, and they look politely bored, but let me get on the phone—and it seems to be more fun for them if it’s an important call—and they’re suddenly all over me. One of them even starts gnawing on my neck. It’s the only time she ever does that. Bizarre little beings.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: Yes! “Do I look like a jungle gym to you?” I say, juggling cats, book, and a cup of coffee or glass of wine. And more often than not, it’s when I’m on the phone. What is it about the phone that attracts them?? I talk to them constantly, and they look politely bored, but let me get on the phone—and it seems to be more fun for them if it’s an important call—and they’re suddenly all over me. One of them even starts gnawing on my neck. It’s the only time she ever does that. Bizarre little beings.
Oh my Lordy you mentioned the phone.
My neighbor calls regularly. We check one another when the weather is bad to make sure we're not lying dead in a pile of snow, and one of their cats is phone OBSESSED and will crawl onto their shoulders during any conversations.
The entire time, I hear this cat giving a "MEEE!" sound, and I address them, the cat is on their shoulders, crawling around, screaming into the phone as we talk and discuss farm and ranch stuff. It's absolutely amazing how this cat is attracted to phones as we're told she doesn't do it often without a phone in sight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, right? Oh, the images that went through my head. He actually said, "Well that's not the same thing" as he walked away.
You're right, it's not. Cats are /worth/ taking with you and do not suck all joy from your life...

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
The entire time, I hear this cat giving a "MEEE!" sound, and I address them, the cat is on their shoulders, crawling around, screaming into the phone as we talk and discuss farm and ranch stuff. It's absolutely amazing how this cat is attracted to phones as we're told she doesn't do it often without a phone in sight.
That’s Iris! I’m trying to talk to the nurse at my mom’s assisted living place 2,500 miles away, and Iris is climbing all over me going “MEEE” and biting my neck like she’s a vampire. The nurse says, “Um, do you have a toddler?” Well, kinda, yeah.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.... someone who ' doesn't like cats ' pets your darling the whole time they are in your home.
.... you have a conversation with your kitty while you're doing household chores. If he/she is a Siamese they are doing as much of the ' talking ' as you are.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s Iris! I’m trying to talk to the nurse at my mom’s assisted living place 2,500 miles away, and Iris is climbing all over me going “MEEE” and biting my neck like she’s a vampire. The nurse says, “Um, do you have a toddler?” Well, kinda, yeah.
A vampire! :crackup:
I have one that sits in my lap, stares at my face, and happy-spits out the sides of her mouth. It gets so bad that she literally blows bubbles and when she shakes off she gives Beethoven the dog a run for his money:thumbsup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.... someone who ' doesn't like cats ' pets your darling the whole time they are in your home.
.... you have a conversation with your kitty while you're doing household chores. If he/she is a Siamese they are doing as much of the ' talking ' as you are.
Also, finding bits of cat hair in the sink is normal.
You have tied things to ceiling fan blades and turned the fan on high just to watch the show.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I have one that sits in my lap, stares at my face, and happy-spits out the sides of her mouth. It gets so bad that she literally blows bubbles and when she shakes off she gives Beethoven the dog a run for his money:thumbsup:
And you may be a cat person if you thinks it’s funny, not gross. :)

93230A1C-4FE2-489F-AA02-AAABABE9443C.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You may be a cat person if you wake up to find a trail of blood leading from the cat flap, across the kitchen floor and into the cardboard box cat beds under the stairs.

You may be a cat person if you investigate and find a severed bunny head and a pile of guts inside one of the boxes.

You may be a cat person if you just sigh and clean it up and this all seems normal. Yes, it's all perfectly normal. In a little while you won't even remember what you were upset about.

:sniffle: