You May Be A Cat Person If...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so I'm looking back at last years notes and the early hoarding/stock piling to deal with winter prelims from 2017 are like this:

Dogs and cats:
-Frozen raw food
-Dehydrated food in case of emergency
-Baby food for low appetites.
-Tuna for low appetities
-Syringes
-Pedialyte
-vet wrap
-(for dogs) baby asprin
-Arnica
-anti-diarrheals
-canned food for IBD boy
-24/7 emergency vet number pasted somewhere good in case emergency strikes but we're unable to get out

Business and us:
-toilet paper
-freezer meat
-canned vegetables
Well then. I guess we know who the top of the food chain really is.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 TELL. Around here, the king size is called "cat size" and it is the master bed, because around here, the CATS are the masters of the house.
and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Not only did we build several cat houses on the property where all of the "community cats" were, we also built a modular "recovery unit" because one cat came to us in such bad shape he needed an enucleation, and he went right into that unit. There were little doors we could open and close to slide food and water and also the litterbox. And it had a cat-sized stairway up to his 2-unit sleeping loft. Of course.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 TELL. Around here, the king size is called "cat size" and it is the master bed, because around here, the CATS are the masters of the house.
and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Not only did we build several cat houses on the property where all of the "community cats" were, we also built a modular "recovery unit" because one cat came to us in such bad shape he needed an enucleation, and he went right into that unit. There were little doors we could open and close to slide food and water and also the litterbox. And it had a cat-sized stairway up to his 2-unit sleeping loft. Of course.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Well for Heaven's sake, don't tell Black Friday and Clawed-Ya all that; I convinced them that they were lucky to have four zone heat and central air!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if we had a wall to wall mattress one single cat would find a way to hog it.
I wanted to sleep a bit this afternoon but did I? Ha!
I layed down on the couch. One of the dogs knows the sound of my butt hitting the cushions and bam, in my face. Seconds later, a cat on the back of the couch. OK, fine, that's cute. Oh, here comes another. Whatever. 30 seconds later here come the drooler, 2 inches from my face, kneading on my pillow, dripping spit all over. I dozed, accidentally kicked the dog. Dog left for the dog bed. Sorry, man. 2 seconds later I turn over, half asleep, and hear "thud", I accidentally kicked the drooler onto the foot stool and she had a hard landing on the floor. I wake up, apologize, reach out and in my sleepiness my loving "I'm so sorry!" stroke to the ear is a not so smooth stroke to the nose and she runs off..
It wasn't a good afternoon here as if you could not tell!! =/

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- Don't you love when they curl up together like that? That used to happen here, too, when the furmily was larger.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I do, but I feel a little sorry for poor Peanut there with Bob taking up 99% of the available horizontal surface.

You might be a cat person if, when one toilet lid is occupied, you seek out another bathroom, rather than disturbing the cat - until you finally run out of options.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I do, but I feel a little sorry for poor Peanut there with Bob taking up 99% of the available horizontal surface.

You might be a cat person if, when one toilet lid is occupied, you seek out another bathroom, rather than disturbing the cat - until you finally run out of options.
*Probably a great reason to add some more bathrooms!* and yeah, but after all, with guys like Bob, it's to be expected.:crackup:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
The people you work with meow at you when they see you and refer all cat related customer questions and customer personal problems to you.
I get that from a coworker, meows at me. He is a pet person with two dogs so I know he is having fun and not making fun of :) I had two cats at work, they live at my house now. Everyone at work knows I am a cat person.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that from a coworker, meows at me. He is a pet person with two dogs so I know he is having fun and not making fun of :) I had two cats at work, they live at my house now. Everyone at work knows I am a cat person.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I became Friends with one of my biggest clients over the years because his is a ten-cat, two-dog household. Cats don't just form bonds with people - they form bonds between people as well - witness the innumerable Friendships spawned right here on TCS between members.

Moral: You might be a cat person if all your Friends are cat people too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- it's true! I have a couple of business associates who are not cat people but I'm thinking this is just because they don't yet know cats. It's my firm belief that any human being who should be breathing should love cats, but some people have not yet been fortunate enough to know cats because of parental neglect or whatever. It's time that changed. :yess: And you're so right! It's an instant bond. Not a fan of his, but Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain is purported to have agreed. Among others.
And Furballsmom Furballsmom -- oh, yeah! You have to! ;)