You Know You Care More About Your Cats Than About Yourself When . . .

Floyd and hendrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You come home after a tiring 24 hour shift and need to go to sleep. But two very cute faces are staring at you and they desperately want you to take them outside......cause they have been cooped up for 24 hours........so you stay up and dont go to bed till that night.......again.

View attachment 336611
Y are so beautiful how could u resist ha ha awesome cats. Are they nebelungs?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you spend $$$ you don’t have to keep your cat on mainly wet food ..... even though you should be spending that money on groceries! Because wet food is healthier & your cat is a finicky bastard!

When your response to the stimulus check (& the debt from the pandemic) is to buy your cat a deluxe bird feeder station & an extra large cat tree .... which I have almost completely assembled!

When you are nocturnal & running on 4 hours of sleep BUT still wake up at 6 so your twerp can get his 2 hours of outside time before it heats up to badly for you to be outside. (I can’t take heat and it is extra hot and extra cold where I live ....... & yes I check the hourly weather So I know when I will need to pull him inside!

Attachments

Floyd and hendrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you spend $$$ you don’t have to keep your cat on mainly wet food ..... even though you should be spending that money on groceries! Because wet food is healthier & your cat is a finicky bastard!

When your response to the stimulus check (& the debt from the pandemic) is to buy your cat a deluxe bird feeder station & an extra large cat tree .... which I have almost completely assembled!

When you are nocturnal & running on 4 hours of sleep BUT still wake up at 6 so your twerp can get his 2 hours of outside time before it heats up to badly for you to be outside. (I can’t take heat and it is extra hot and extra cold where I live ....... & yes I check the hourly weather So I know when I will need to pull him inside!
Wow he is a beauty!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
When you’re trying to trim a bad mat from your cat’s stomach, she impales your arm with her claws, and you croon, “That’s all right, sweetie, Mommy will heal. Are you okay?” as blood runs down your arm and drips onto the counter. And, of course, she’s fine, just annoyed and indignant.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
manoeuvre my body for any cat body on the bed throughout the night
when you let them lay on a pile of laundry freshly washed and dried, or feed them first thing in the morning, even before having your coffee.
you don't care much about what you eat but read and research every ingredient listed on the can/bag of cat food.

...you feed them before feeding yourself.
....you remain in an awkward position on the sofa, suffering cramp and back ache so as not to move and wake the cats from your lap.
You step on kitty vomit, and the first thing you think isn’t ewww, but oh no, she’s sick!
For the pandemic, you stocked up on her food, before yours.
... you accept them kneading you, even tho every touch of each claw makes you inwardly wince
If funds are low and we both need food, I will buy for Theo and do without myself. He comes before me.
When you’re trying to trim a bad mat from your cat’s stomach, she impales your arm with her claws, and you croon, “That’s all right, sweetie, Mommy will heal. Are you okay?” as blood runs down your arm and drips onto the counter. And, of course, she’s fine, just annoyed and indignant.
Yes to all of the above.

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
* When your Facebook/Instagram has more pictures of your cats than you or your family.
* When you take your cats health into consideration before your own. I immediately ran out & bought a humidifier for Grembly when she got sniffly one morning but I suffer through every winter lol.
* When you don’t put up the ChristmasTree, even though it’s your absolute favorite holiday decor, because the cats might hurt themselves climbing on it or chewing on an ornament.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's amazing what we do for our fur babies! I can pretty much relate to most everything that's been posted. For me...
Manny
-gets better health care than me
-gets his water from the zero water pitcher, I get the pur water pitcher or...tap water
-I did stock up on his food before I did mine before the pandemic
-he always get's to go for his walk first thing when I get home and then his treat no matter how long the day or what I need to get done before bed
-and like Talien Talien he has his own bedroom and...bathroom to boot!
IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_5064.JPG

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing what we do for our fur babies! I can pretty much relate to most everything that's been posted. For me...
Manny
-gets better health care than me
-gets his water from the zero water pitcher, I get the pur water pitcher or...tap water
-I did stock up on his food before I did mine before the pandemic
-he always get's to go for his walk first thing when I get home and then his treat no matter how long the day or what I need to get done before bed
-and like Talien Talien he has his own bedroom and...bathroom to boot!View attachment 336933View attachment 336934
Is that one of those running wheels? I was thinking about getting one but I decided not to risk it since I don't know if any of mine would actually use it.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sabian, that is an amazing cat room! Do they use the cat hamster wheel? I have been intrigued by those!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You come home from work/a long day out and feeding them is the first thing you do.

You find another way of getting around your cats even though they're in an awkward position, but you don't want to disturb their chillout time.

When you take some time off work if one of your cats is sick.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Talien Talien sweetblackpaws sweetblackpaws It's a OneFastCat exercise wheel. If you have a high energy cat that will chase a laser pointed,play hard with a toy or a high strung somewhat fearless kitten you could probably get them to use it. I think starting them of as a kitten is your best bet though. It seems like most of the video's I see Bengals, Savannahs and kittens take to them the most.

There's alot of video's for DIY cat wheels but I just didn't have the time and to be honest I think you would wind up having about the same amount of money in it if you figure your time and materials to make a sturdy one. I can say the wheel is made very well, very light weight and easy to move. I actually caught in sale so I went ahead and got it.

I can get Manny to use it if I entice him with treats. He was a rescue, scared of everything and shy so he didn't take to it right off. In fact he was scared of it. I haven't really pushed on it but, he will use it now. I've caught him sleeping on it...lol...I put a ping pong ball on top of it to see if he uses it when I'm not at home and I'll find it on the floor now and then. I really didn't expect him to take to it at all so, just the fact that he uses it at all is great. I'm planning on getting a kitten and maybe doing some fostering so I figured if he didn't use it I may get some use out of it eventually.

I found this video that's really cute.
cat wheel - Bing video