You have NO IDEA what this means to me!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon came to me! He's from a breeder situation, kenneled outside for his first 2.5 years. Terrified here, been here since Sat. Tonight, he started to approach me when I was focused on the kitties. He kept coming closer & closer....so I started taking videos. He touched my hand & licked it!
I was sitting on the floor just sobbing.....you have no idea what it is like, to see the sheer terror in his eyes....to be the one he begins to trust..... Look at him wiggle!

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/?action=view&current=100_0521.flv

He is back hiding under the desk, but this is progress, this is a start, a step in the right direction. I've identified which "squealy person voice" he prefers, so I will use that to encourage him from now on. He shall get used to the house, so his furr-ever home can find him soon.

Notice how Dorky Fish had to get petted?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is the terrier wiggle... it is a hoot... glad to see he is making progress... Oh give all of them a pet for me

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh that is SUCH good news! Congrats! It's so hard when working with animals who are so afraid. I'm so glad he's warming up to you. He seems so happy just to be able to get that close to you.
I'm so happy for you and Simon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon is a wirehaired Jack Russel Terrier-purebred.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Simon is adorable. Doesnt it make you feel good when ones like that start to trust you even just a little. Thats what rescue is about.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He sure looks likes a hyper lil thing. You could tell that he really wanted to...but... Maybe it won't take too much longer!!