You Deserve the Best

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sort of on both sides of this fence. As one of the world's great klutzes, I have boxed and stored my mom's Waterford and other very fine, very breakable crystal and china. It's not my style, and it probably wouldn't last long if I used it. Ditto a complete set of handpainted china she bought and I just plain don't like. But I am using her very nice everyday Noritake and other things, including a set of purple "Lotus" pattern dishes that came to her from someone in the family. There's stuff here that's antique (Haviland, Haviland/Limoges, etc.) and not my style. Then there's my own stuff. I pretty much use what I feel like using at the time. I don't really have company, so I don't have to think about that too much.
Mother Dragon Mother Dragon , I hope you really enjoy your nice things -- that's what makes life happier, right?

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still running on the completely mis-matched dinnerware I received through various sources when I moved out of my parents house. I actually really want to buy a full matching set but I can't justify it when there is nothing wrong with everything I have. Maybe when I get to buy my own house. 😂

I do have a silver-plated silverware set that belonged to my grandmother that I'm pretty sure was never used, I plan in selling it when I get around to it otherwise it's just going to sit around unused for me too.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Took a few photos of the china set, which is actually from Japan, LOL...

IMG_5136.JPG IMG_5137.JPG IMG_5138.JPG IMG_5139.JPG IMG_5140.JPG IMG_5141.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG

There's the platter I mentioned, along with some detail shots and pics of a plate and saucer from the set. I'll use these whenever I have company for a holiday meal... I'm hoping to meet new friends once I start this job on Monday. Figured I'd post these pics today because I'll be too busy to mess with the Internet next week, LOL. :cool2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a few photos of the china set, which is actually from Japan, LOL...

View attachment 304186 View attachment 304187 View attachment 304188 View attachment 304189 View attachment 304190 View attachment 304192
View attachment 304193

There's the platter I mentioned, along with some detail shots and pics of a plate and saucer from the set. I'll use these whenever I have company for a holiday meal... I'm hoping to meet new friends once I start this job on Monday. Figured I'd post these pics today because I'll be too busy to mess with the Internet next week, LOL. :cool2:
(See below)

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in saving nice things "for later". My parents were given a set of silver plate flatware engraved with their last initial, for their wedding. It was brought out twice a year - Easter and Christmas. they have both passed and that flatware is now my everyday flatware. It was meant to be used.

I have some Gorham crystal - not exactly Waterford, but still nice. I use it all the time. If it gets broken I am no worse off than if it was sitting in the cupboard.

I remember Melmac - that is what we used growing up. When we were going through my parents' stuff after they died, that stuff was still there - it is indestructable. A thousand years from now it will be dug up and still be usable.