You can lead a cat to water.....

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
I got the Catit fountain (won it on ebay! first time bidder!!). Well, got it all set up, looking good (little big...i think i need a bigger apartment). Well rambo loves the running water and figured it out right away. Lucky...refuses to go near it.

My question is...does anyone know how i can encourage lucky to give it a try?

byclops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I first got ours one loved it and one was a bit more timid. But once it'd been there a day or so he got the idea that it wasn't going to bite him and was content!!!

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Renny,

An important tip about the Catit fountain: be sure to clean the pump every time you change the filter, or at least every two weeks. Otherwise the pump can burn out and have to be replaced, and replacements cost nearly as much as a whole new Catit.

As for Lucky being afraid of it, you might leave a regular bowl of water right next to it for the time being. Eventually Lucky will see that Rambo survives his encounters with the Catit and want in on the action!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

My question is...does anyone know how i can encourage lucky to give it a try?
my stimpy was afraid of it too. since i put the fountain where the water bowl normally is, i just keep a waterbowl out in it's usual spot. stimpy drinks from both now. (he's kind of silly)

enigma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
took my guys about a week to get used to it, make sure it is plugged in an "acceptable" area for your cats. mine liked theirs in a quiet area, the ice cube thing works to, as someone mentioned. give them a week or two, once they realize it, they will go apes over it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the tips everyone...i'll just have to be patient!