You all will get tired of my Jackson Galaxy questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking that stuff up online it has physical ingredients, water and alcohol, and "essence" which I guess is the "energy" from things not an actual thing. From the website...
"Peacemaker Ingredients: This solution contains Natural Spring Water, Alcohol (as a preservative)"

Those are the only actual ingredients so maybe it's suppose to work by getting the cats drunk or at least tipsy? depends on how much alcohol I guess.
The rest are nonphysical "energy" ingredients not actual things in the product...

"Essence of Lotus, Lakshmi, Full Color Spectrum, Reiki Energy, and the following essences: Agrimony, Beech, Bluebells, Canyon Dudleya, Columbine, Coral, Golden Rod Flower, Haha, Holly, Impatiens, Lantana Involucrata, Mallow, Mary Queen of Scots Rose, Mule Deer, Oregon Grape, Poison Oak, Prairie Dog, Prickly Pear Cactus, Silvery Lupine, Sorrel Vine, Sweet Pea, Tiger Lily, Walnut, Willow. "

"Please note: No actual plant, animal or gem matter is used in our formulas, only the energetic blueprint. Our formulas are non-toxic and safe.
Alcohol has been used as a preservative in flower essences since 1920 and we continue to use this trusted method."

Honestly sounds like a money grab, and unlikely really do anything.
He most certainly does use those plants. I just got this from his website. Not once on that page does he claim none of that has been actually used.

received_548677809287470.jpeg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: So I did not rub any of this on their fur or add to their food as I got rid of last night after the aggression/killing of possum. Guess what? The cats are getting along now, they have energy and eating again. And the temperatures are the same as they were this past week. I cannot and will not believe that all 5 cats show the same symptoms at the very same time just from some kind of sickness and then miraculously well at same time. There is definitely something in that formula that he's not disclosing to us. Too bad I did not save this so I could take in for a chemical evaluation.

Also if it was just basically water with some alcohol why the disclaimer to check with the vet before using (which I didn't do. :( ). Never heard of checking with a vet before having water.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as the alcohol, it does have a purpose to the solution. The instructions read to open an let it sit for several minutes, for alcohol evaporation to happen—- before using.

I do not believe the “reiki” energy.

I happened to really like the scent of his things. It did help my cat. I would spray it in the room, periodically.

As with everything in life: we have some things which work for us, others do not.

Do not forget, you said you are dealt with free rails. That in itself is complicated.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He most certainly does use those plants. I just got this from his website. Not once on that page does he claim none of that has been actually used.
Ok yes he uses actual essence of those plants and animals listed, what ever that is, essence is not a physical thing. Also the website does say, under the FAQs, there are no actual plants, animals, or gems in the product.
1574012569460.png

Looking up online you get "flower essence" by soaking flowers in water then removing them and adding alcohol to preserve it. So if animal essence is the same I guess they also soaked mule deer and prairie dogs in the water too? No idea, and how you would soak the full color spectrum in water, maybe that is where the gem essence comes in? Since gems are colorful. :dunno: Maybe something was on those plants, animals, and gems that they soaked in the water that made them sick.

Having another animal invade their territory (possum) though could cause them to be on edge though. Cats commonly will go after each other if they can't get what is bothering them. They wont sleep much so will be tired, they will attack each other, and they wont eat because eating makes them vulnerable since they can't eat and look around at the same time. So that makes sense the cats went back to being friendly after the possum was killed, the threat was gone and they can relax. You a free to believe whatever you want though, and yeah it is too bad you didn't save some to get tested that could have given you a clearer answer.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess you didn't see my above comment. Why would the cats eat and sleep next to the possum at night for a year and then when I started using Peacemaker that changes. Remember I've been running cams 24/7 on these cats for a year now so I know the personality of each and every one of them. And I have PERSONALLY seen them eat out of the same bowl that the possum ate out of. And saw them sleep right next to the possum whether the possum was awake or asleep. Let's call a spade a spade. Too much coincidence if you ask me for it not to be related to his products. All you have to do is scroll through the reviews on his site as well as on Amazon and see that a lot of people wound up with heart problems related to at least this product.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, well you never said in any of your comments they normally ate and sleeping with the possums just that it never attacked one before. So I guess that isn't the answer either, sorry I wasted my time on you.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right. Ugh I mentioned it in my Feral to Lap cat thread but not here but thought I mentioned it here. Sorry for the confusion.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

View attachment 308190
No, those substances are not actually in this product at all. That’s what “essence of” means. People don’t understand what homeopathy actually means, it’s not just another word for any type of “natural” or alternative medicine.

Homeopathy was invented in Germany in the late 1700s by a guy who was convinced of the doctrine of “like cures like”, aka that the medicine that treats a disease should be one that causes symptoms similar to the disease. He also believed that these substances “imprinted” on water or alcohol and left behind their healing “essence”, even if there was no more of the substance left in the water. For homeopathic “remedies”, a small amount of a substance (usually a plant) will be dissolved in a large amount of alcohol. Then a small amount of that mixture is taken, and mixed into a large amount of alcohol. Then a small amount of THAT is taken, and mixed into more alcohol and etc etc. This dilution is done some arbitrary number of times. This is obviously insane and also ineffective, because none of the supposed curative ingredient is even left after that much dilution. But the alcohol retains the “imprint” or “essence” of the substance, supposedly.

For example, one of the most popular homeopathic remedies is one that’s recommended for the common cold: allium cepa aka regular ole onions. Onions are “supposed” to cure colds according to homeopathy because like cures like, and onions cause runny nose and watery eyes, just like cold symptoms! Here is an allium cepa “remedy” you can buy on Amazon (Boiron is the largest manufacturer of homeopathic cures in the world, they made $80 million last year). The 30C here refers to the number of dilutions - the number of times the drop of onion oil was diluted with water and alcohol in a 1:100 solution. In this case it’s THIRTY TIMES. In order to have even one molecule of onion in a 30C preparation you would need an amount of solution approximately 30 million times larger than the Earth.

So yeah, there’s my essay about homeopathic remedies. Jackson Galaxy’s product does not list dilutions, but even at a much lower level of dilution I would be fairly confident that there is hardly any holly, willow, mule deer, or anything else in there. It is mostly alcohol and water. Any changes that people notice when giving their pets homeopathic “remedies” with highly diluted ingredients (note that these are not the same as herbal remedies, some of which actually are made from a noticeable amount of herbs or plants) are incredibly unlikely to be from the product itself, because the product has no active ingredients. It doesn’t really have any ingredients at all, usually.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree completely. I don't believe in homeopathic remedies but there isn't anything harmful with them. They are inactive concoctions that don't do anything. Maybe someday he will get out of this business and stick with his line of toys that he has in pet stores.

As far as why they turned on an animal that they are used to, there can be any number of causes. Redirected aggression is one possibility. I have heard of cats who coexisted peacefully in a home suddenly turning on each other, they were reacting to something completely unrelated but they were in each other's vicinity and a fight broke out. They actually had to be reintroduced.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might have been a different possum, too. An interloper. Cats do make friends with the local wildlife and if a new one butted in they may not accept the new one.