You all will get tired of my Jackson Galaxy questions

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
But does this stuff suppress the appetite? I can't believe that all the cats just suddenly get sick at the same time I put the recommended drops of Peacemaker in their food. Isn't that stuff supposed to be tasteless and odorless? Or is there really something toxic in that stuff that we aren't being told.

There's no phone number on his bottles and the office is only open 4 hours a day Mon through Friday?

How legit is he really?

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know anything about his products. He started that line with a partnership with a vet.

As far as Jackson Galaxy himself I think he is legit. He started out working in shelters. He began as a behaviorist after funding cuts did away with his job at the shelter. He had learned so much about cats and connected with them in such a way that he made a big impression on the people at the shelter. After he left the people at the shelter started referring people to him when they had behavior issues with their cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully someone who has used his products will know. I find it odd that all the cats would just all of a sudden be "lazy" and not eating much after using Peacemaker. If it was just one I'd say maybe sickness but since these cats don't hang out together it just seems odd. Oh and I have different bowls for each cat so it's not like one is eating after another and transmitting sickness.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I Hosp used JG’s products with good results.

I even “chatted” with one of the ‘agents’, when I was stumped. Really good advice. He even e-mailed me some web pages, reputable sources, to help me; and. List of holistic vets. None of which were in my area. But; he really tried to help.

Perhaps you are using a bit too much of Peacemaker? Maybe the dose is a bit to much?

I do not know the ingredients in Peacemaker. My gut is telling me that the ingredients are to mellow-out the kitties. That is why I would seriously consider cutting the dose and try spraying several times a day.

I did not mix it with food or water. I
Sprayed it in the room. I found it worked well with the spray—-better than Feliway, for my guy.

I hav no complaints about JG’s company.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I only use 5 drops a day. His bottle states 5 drops a day twice daily so I'm not even using the full amount. Spraying is not effective when outdoors so that's why I us in the food. This was told to me by his so called wonderful staff to do.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know nothing about that product, but another thought, in case it's not the product, do you have a carbon monoxide detector? If so have you checked it recently? Sudden sleepiness and lack of appetite makes me wonder if you have a possible carbon monoxide issue, maybe a tiny slow leak somewhere, especially if you just recently turned your heat on in the house (I know most places it's starting to get cold). Maybe some where the cats normally hang out?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I know nothing about that product, but another thought, in case it's not the product, do you have a carbon monoxide detector? If so have you checked it recently? Sudden sleepiness and lack of appetite makes me wonder if you have a possible carbon monoxide issue, maybe a tiny slow leak somewhere, especially if you just recently turned your heat on in the house (I know most places it's starting to get cold). Maybe some where the cats normally hang out?
They're feral cats but no carbon monoxide. We have professional come to turn on every winter

List of ingredients on the page

Peacemaker

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even get answers from his so called wonderful staff so again I question his validity. :/

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave one dose Thursday, one dose yesterday and one today. I mix up the days amount of food, put only one dose of 5 drops in that days food and then portion it out 3 x a day. I have called his office but the staff refused to give me any kind of answer

And to be honest I won't buy his products again after I figure this out. I'm not seeing where this is working at all. They still fight just as much as they did before. So again I question his legitimacy and knowledge.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just witnessed something that I have not seen before I started using this product. Cooper just viciously attacked a possum. Never before using this product would he have done this. Sorry but JG lost my respect for selling snake oil medicine. I poured the rest of this stuff down the drain and calling it a loss.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably would have given you a refund. Idk if they will after pouring it out, but you could ask.

Flower essences are homeopathic. It's water with "flower energy" in it. I have a hard time thinking it could have any effect, positive or negative, except as a placebo effect for the humans.

I think JG as a behaviorist is the real deal, and a great guy. And most of the things he sells on his site are great too. I'm suspicious of the flower essences though.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since cats aren't prone to placebo effect something had to trigger that behavior especially since he's been cleared health wise by several vets and does not have rabies. I've been watching these cats on cam for the past year and not once have I seen him even look at a possum let alone attack and kill it. Kind of strange all of this started up just shortly after I started using this product. Look at some of the toxins JG uses in those formulas? Well I'll never trust him again

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well since cats aren't prone to placebo effect something had to trigger that behavior especially since he's been cleared health wise by several vets and does not have rabies. I've been watching these cats on cam for the past year and not once have I seen him even look at a possum let alone attack and kill it. Kind of strange all of this started up just shortly after I started using this product. Look at some of the toxins JG uses in those formulas? Well I'll never trust him again
Not placebo effect as in the cat knows he’s taken it so it changes his behavior, but more that you know you gave him the formula and have been watching his behavior and are now attributing it to the peacemaker. Like someone else said it’s a homeopathic “formulation” with flower “essence” and reiki “energy” in it which basically means it’s nothing. It does seem like the customer service agent tried to help you, I’m not sure what else you want them to do? It’s also Saturday which is not generally the best time to resolve these types of disputes.

I think it’s good to be vigilant about what’s in the products you’re giving your cat but in this case it seems far more likely to me that your cats are having an off day or that they’ve gotten sick. Having separate food bowls doesn’t mean they can’t get each other sick, and if they’re feral then it’s even more likely.

I’ve never used Jackson galaxy’s products and am generally skeptical of holistic pet products that aren’t backed by any type of evidence and think that homeopathy has no business being in any type of supplement or medical treatment, but I do appreciate that jackson galaxy has been a semi-public voice for good information on understanding cats and cat behavior. Cats are so often second fiddle to dogs and people have a lot of misconceptions about them as pets - that they only care about food, that they’re solitary animals that like to be alone all the time, etc. A lot of people also end up abandoning or giving up cats because of behavior problems that they don’t understand or think can’t be fixed, so I think it’s good to have someone pushing back against that narrative.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I wish JG didn't associate himself with "energy medicine" woo. But I suppose we all have oddities and blind spots.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Toxins? Sorry, I'm curious. Never heard bad stuff about him before.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I wish JG didn't associate himself with "energy medicine" woo. But I suppose we all have oddities and blind spots.
Also if there’s one thing we know it’s that pet owners will buy that type of thing. There’s so much ridiculous woo out there related to cats and dogs, it makes me tired! Just last week I had to talk a friend out of buying “ozone water” for her cat...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me it is also skepticism about homeopathic things in general. The vet that he first partnered with was the one that was into all the flower essences and homeopathic remedies. She developed some serious health issues and they severed their partnership, he continued with the products though. I know you have had a bad experience here but I still don't consider Jackson Galaxy to be some type of charlatan. I too wish he would drop the homeopathic remedies.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looking that stuff up online it has physical ingredients, water and alcohol, and "essence" which I guess is the "energy" from things not an actual thing. From the website...
"Peacemaker Ingredients: This solution contains Natural Spring Water, Alcohol (as a preservative)"

Those are the only actual ingredients so maybe it's suppose to work by getting the cats drunk or at least tipsy? depends on how much alcohol I guess.
The rest are nonphysical "energy" ingredients not actual things in the product...

"Essence of Lotus, Lakshmi, Full Color Spectrum, Reiki Energy, and the following essences: Agrimony, Beech, Bluebells, Canyon Dudleya, Columbine, Coral, Golden Rod Flower, Haha, Holly, Impatiens, Lantana Involucrata, Mallow, Mary Queen of Scots Rose, Mule Deer, Oregon Grape, Poison Oak, Prairie Dog, Prickly Pear Cactus, Silvery Lupine, Sorrel Vine, Sweet Pea, Tiger Lily, Walnut, Willow. "

"Please note: No actual plant, animal or gem matter is used in our formulas, only the energetic blueprint. Our formulas are non-toxic and safe.
Alcohol has been used as a preservative in flower essences since 1920 and we continue to use this trusted method."

Honestly sounds like a money grab, and unlikely really do anything.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I personally do not believe that they are useful either. I don't know Jackson Galaxy personally so I can't know what his motives are. What I know of him though I don't think he has bad motives, I think that he does believe in these products. He isn't alone in that. He also believes in conventional vet medicine as well, not everyone that believes in these essences does. He also has a cat checked out by a vet if he thinks there is a health issue involved. His first cat that was his cat was on a steroid most of his life because of chronic health issues. He and I just part ways on this issue of essences.