Yesterday's News

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you need to use more litter when filling the box with this kind? I am having trouble finding bags smaller than 30 lbs (unscented) so i'm wondering if you just need to use a lot and that's why it typically comes in a large bag. I tried to buy (5) 6lbs bags on Amazon but only one made it to me. The box was damaged an looked like it had been open. And smaller bags I see are almost the same price as the 30lb.

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used it originally for my kitten, ended up changing because my cat didn’t like it, and I didn’t use more than I do the new stuff. So, I don’t think so.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't know about that kind of cat litter, but I need to buy 20 lbs of Fresh Step Ultra Unscented once a week for my one and only cat, and one and only litter box. I usually put about 3-4 inches in the box, and refill a bit each and every day until it is completely cleaned out. When I do that, I have had to actually buy a second 20 lb box of litter.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I used this litter for a couple of years and filled the box to about three inches deep. When the cat urinates it turns the litter to sawdust so you can kind of skim this off the top of the box and then scoop the poop. You do have to change this litter out frequently because some urine makes it the bottom and the box get stinky easily.