Yesterday's News

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone!!!

I bought some Yesterday's News cat litter. However, I'm not sure how it works. It's not clumping. I'm just not sure what happens when a cat urinates in it. Does it just absorb the liquid? And then do I just dump all the litter in a week or so? I'm so confused

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I have tried this, and I was not that impressed with how it handles solid waste. Liquid is fine, those hard pellets become saturated with the liquid and that odor goes away. You sort of have to eyeball the product, the pellets change size and texture that have been in contact with the urine. You also need a special scoop (one I couldn't find easily) that will allow the small (and still clean) pellets to fall through, and keep the soiled pellets on the scoop.

I asked for my money back, because with mulitiple cats, this didn't work, the litterboxes kept tipping over because of the lightness of the product. I also suggested to the company to provide a special pooper scooper with their boxes. To their credit, I got my refund in 21 days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

funkyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...very interesting????