Yellowish Thing Underneath Cat's Skin??

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
While my cat was sleeping, I noticed this yellowish dot underneath his arms near his belly. It goes into his skin, and it's like a hole.
So I used some clean tweezers to try to get it out, which didn't seem to bother him. I got the top off, but there still seemed to be some black stuff left underneath his skin.
Is this some kind of bug egg? My cat doesn't go outside, but I might wash him and his bed just to make sure.
Is this concerning, and should I take him to the vet?

Attachments

kendradoodle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi JennKitty, it looks like that's his nipple! :) Can you show a picture that's a bit more zoomed out to get a better idea of its location? There can be accumulations of dirt/sebum (skin oils) around the harder to reach nipples. As always, a vet visit never hurts and will give you a definitive answer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi JennKitty, it looks like that's his nipple! :) Can you show a picture that's a bit more zoomed out to get a better idea of its location? There can be accumulations of dirt/sebum (skin oils) around the harder to reach nipples. As always, a vet visit never hurts and will give you a definitive answer!
I don't think it's a nipple, considering the placement. :( Right now it's kind of just a hole under his arm.
I saw some people post the same thing online, and a lot of the replies said it was some kind of bite.
Here's the clearest picture I could get! Just to help clarify; his left arm is being held up on the right side of the pic. (So the hole is right under his left arm.)

Attachments

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again! It's been a while since I posted something on here.
The last time I posted a forum, it was about how my cat had this yellowish thing in a hole under his skin that was located underneath his arm.
Someone replied to my post, saying that it was his nipple (PS.. I'm pretty sure they were right!) And at that time, I thought that was impossible cause nipples can't be... holes.
But recently, I decided to check that area again just to see if the black stuff had gone away. It didn't. Now, there's tiny little black dots surrounding the area. So I did some extra research, and I saw that many cat's have blackheads, or flea dirt near their nipples. And, some cats have inverted nipples that gather oil, sebum, dead skin, and hair. I'm assuming this is the case here. I'm going to try to gently wipe the black stuff off, or give him a bath.
With all this new information, I'm not too worried. But I still want to make sure and hear your opinions.. is this worrisome?
1627876005387.png

(I found a similar and much more clear photo of what is happening: black spots around my male cat's nipples Except, the nipple is a hole.)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Wiping it off or giving him a bath won't hurt. Did you rule out flea dirt even though he does not go outside? Fleas can pretty easily be brought into the house inadvertantly.

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried to wipe it off, but nothing came off.
And I don't think it's flea dirt.. they're supposed to come off pretty easily, and when they do, it leaves a red-ish stain. But thank you, I will give him a bath! :)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would check with the vet. I think they would know better than anyone here what it is.

Does it move around at all when gently pressed? Is it lumpy? Could be a botfly warble possibly.

Please have a vet check it out or at least forward the photos to them and have a phone consultation.