Yellow/White Vomit

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Guys
I was wondering if anyone does have an idea about this? the yellow stuff is mild but the white is really thick. My cat is also short hair and I do brush him daily. He's shedding a lot recently. He's 6 months old.
Sorry about the attached photo.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is there any hair in that, or food? I couldn't tell. Has it only happened once, or multiple times? And, what time of day does it occur? I ask these questions because if there really is no food in it, it could be because he has gone too long between meals and is vomiting up stomach juices that have accumulated. And, if there is any hair involved, it could just be because that was the only thing in his stomach at the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello
Tbh, I didn't check if there's hair. The vomit has food in it.
It happened this morning and again a short while after. His food was available. However, he's doing good. Playing, eating, drinking. Pee and poop r also normal.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it only happened today, I would just watch him for more episodes - as well as other changes such as inappetence, lethargy, or changes in his poop. If he goes outside at all, he could have chewed on something that didn't agree with his stomach - even something inside for that matter.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes that was my first explanation. He chewed on sth. He's strictly an indoor cat. I love him so much and I tend to freak out about everything literally.
Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like it might be a furball, but its hard to say for sure.

Its a good sign that he's acting like his healthy, normal self, but do keep a close eye in case that changes.

The yellow stuff is likely stomach acid and bile - commonly seen when there wasn't much to bring up, and also commonly seen with furballs.

Keep track of when and how often these occur. A one off isn't a big deal, but regular vomiting needs veterinary attention.

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay noted. Thank you