Yellow, Mushy Poop

TGDavid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, first time poster.

So, the rundown is that one of my (quarantined) kitties thankfully recovered from Parvo last month. His stool was hardening and looking normal. I made the switch over to solid food from wet food + boiled chicken, and he began to have yellow and mushy poop, no longer solid pieces. I'm assuming it's because of the food, which I will switch to a different brand since it seems my cat doesn't very much like this one.

What also makes me think that it is the food is that my other two vaccinated cats, who also eat the same brand of food, have this yellow mushy stool. Besides switching the food slowly, what should I do? My quarantined cat drained of me money, so I can't really afford to take him to the vet, which is why I'm asking here.

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would treat them all for worms as well as put them on a good dry food diet. It could also be bacterial infection? The best thing is to get her checked out when u can because kittens can get dehydrated, lethargic and white sick easily from diarrhoea. Sorry I’m not much help, but try get her to a vet when you can. Also try ask the Facebook bet ‘Your Ver Online’ for advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TGDavid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would treat them all for worms as well as put them on a good dry food diet. It could also be bacterial infection? The best thing is to get her checked out when u can because kittens can get dehydrated, lethargic and white sick easily from diarrhoea. Sorry I’m not much help, but try get her to a vet when you can. Also try ask the Facebook bet ‘Your Ver Online’ for advice.
Yeah, they are on a solid food diet. I don't think it's worms because my other cats had this type of poop, and my recovering cat went from diarrhea to normal and now the mushy as soon as I switched him over to the solid kitty kibble. I will call my vet to see if they can give any advice, thank you.

Edit: Also, the cats have been separated, so they didn't give each other anything. And I really think it's the food since that is the common variable.

Last edited:

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they are on a solid food diet. I don't think it's worms because my other cats had this type of poop, and my recovering cat went from diarrhea to normal and now the mushy as soon as I switched him over to the solid kitty kibble. I will call my vet to see if they can give any advice, thank you.
Good luck. Sorry just saw all my typos hope they are all ok xx