Y'all I need some input!

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So...one of my cats is having a hair ball issue. the other day, after tossing a hefty one, I cleaned up the spot on a large area rug with Woolite Oxy Deep Power shot. I usually use just soap and water to spot clean but I had the product so I used it - on one spot, not even a big spot Ever since then, my other cat has been clawing the rug something fierce. Its a good rug, guys, and he is on his way to ruining it. And it is not the spot where I used the cleaner, it is all over. Well, for now I have picked up the rug but what is going on?? any ideas? and how long before I can put the rug where it belongs?

Kittygarden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd probably rinse out the spot with water to get rid of the odor & let it dry. It probably wants to "bury" the odor by clawing at it

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get him one of those corrugated cardboard scratchers at Walmart, the large size. They absolutely love them and he will go for that and not your rug. also, you need a cat urine enzyme spray, it destroys anything organic, not just cleaning it up. It is great for vomit, hairball messes, accidents etc., and completely gets rid of the odor so cats don't remark that space. He may be trying to bury it, as said above.