X large litter box- longer

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You’re lucky your cat will use a stainless steel litter box. Cats don’t like the feel of metal when scratching the litter.

I buy cheap plastic storage bins from Wally World. They usually go several months before they start stinking of urine. When they do, I toss it in the trash and put out a new one.
I use plastic cat litter boxes and wash them with bathroom cleaner once a month (Lysol bathroom cleaner). I've had mine for years and they don't retain smell because they are sanitized :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use plastic cat litter boxes and wash them with bathroom cleaner once a month (Lysol bathroom cleaner). I've had mine for years and they don't retain smell because they are sanitized :)
Great idea!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great idea!
Thanks 😅 I noticed that places that foster sanitize them more frequently and had issues with our immunocompromised late cat always being sick. Sanitizing the litters really did help with that.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have this
Large litter box

Rimmed litter pans offer a spacious retreat for your cat and help contain litter scatter. Pans feature a wide profile base and durable, eco-friendly plastic containing Microban antimicrobial to fight against the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew. Giant pan with compartments for litter maintenance supplies.

This thing is BIG: 34.63" Length x 19.75"Width x 10" Height

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this
Large litter box

Rimmed litter pans offer a spacious retreat for your cat and help contain litter scatter. Pans feature a wide profile base and durable, eco-friendly plastic containing Microban antimicrobial to fight against the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew. Giant pan with compartments for litter maintenance supplies.

This thing is BIG: 34.63" Length x 19.75"Width x 10" Height

The link goes to petcarerx? Never mind I can see it now 😀

How long have you had it? Any issues with retaining smell etc. ? That is HUGE 😹… it says it will take 4-6 weeks to ship though from UK. Ugh.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The link goes to petcarerx? Never mind I can see it now 😀

How long have you had it? Any issues with retaining smell etc. ?
We had two of these at work for many years for our resident cats, and I really liked them. One day one of the cats decided getting in the box, then peeing upwards onto the wall was necessary. So we taped doggy pee pads to the walls and that worked for about 6 months until they realized how much fun those pads are to shred. I don't recall any issues with retaining odors at all.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You should clean it on occasion but the plastic of the box has microban. I use Arm and hammer multicat clumping litter because it is a bit less dusty. My box is around 20 years old now used by many of my feline friends over the years.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise