Wysong dry cat food

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

what are your thoughts/feedbacks for the Wysong line, particularly their dry cat food? I’m looking at the “Epigen 90,” and “Epigen original” and they seem to stand out for the high protein/low carb ratios for a dry food.

Does this seem like a quality food, for a dry cat food? I feed mostly wet, but want to get dry kibbles to supplement her diet for those times when I’m busy.

she’s not pre-diabetic or anything, but I’d rather emphasize high protein and low carb just to keep her healthy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any personal experience with it but the fact that it's made for cats and dogs is something that is a red flag for me. Cats and dogs have different dietary needs. IMO the best dry cat food is Dr. Elsey's. It's what my cats eat. It's actually the only dry Lilith will eat. She's a very picky eater. The quality is excellent. As you can see, it's not cheap but worth it IMO. Dr. Elsey's has been known to give samples. If you send them an email, they may send you some. Dr. Elsey’s | Quality Cat Litter and Cat Food Products for Cats

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCPBMRT/?tag=thecatsite

Last edited:

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above 2 posters. I got some samples a while back and although my cats seem to enjoy the taste, I only use it as a treat topper as I don't feel right feeding it as a main food. I also don't really want to support a brand that makes VEGAN dog/cat food!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above 2 posters. I got some samples a while back and although my cats seem to enjoy the taste, I only use it as a treat topper as I don't feel right feeding it as a main food. I also don't really want to support a brand that makes VEGAN dog/cat food!
Who are these people that figured making a vegan cat food is a good idea? The ignorance, it’s depressing.

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I fed epigen 90 when my cat was around 6 months old, unfortunately it gave him the runs. I’m trying just regular old epigen starch free this time. They don’t love it as much as dr elsey, as evidenced by how slowly the free feeding staton is being depleted.

The only reason I’m trying it now was because Dr elsey was out of stock the last time I ran out, and ingredient wise it seemed like a acceptable alternative at the time.