Wrong decision.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robert Lee, I feel the same way about my Sheba. She died last Sat.
If I had taken her to the vet sooner, and to a different vet, then I think she'd still be with me. Coulda shoulda, woulda. We can beat ourselves up pretty badly in hindsight. But don't blame yourself, even though it's very painful things happen for a reason. Just know that you gave your fur baby a loving life and I'm sure he she was thankful to have you as their pet parent. Just remember all the good times that you had. That's what I try to do and I look at all the pictures and the videos that I took of Sheba. She was the love of my life and she knows that. God wanted her, he knew that I did the best I could for her and you have to realize that as well. You know when you're ready get another cat I'm 66 and I still plan on getting another cat. Not right away but I will eventually. God bless you!
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I didn't know anything could have hurt as much as it did after waking up from a nap and she wasn't with me any longer.

That's the last thing I wanted to have happen is not be right next to her holding her paw because once I brought her back from that vet that gave her that Covina shot I'd hold her pot and she she put her claws out and like grabbing my hand. That's how I wanted her to pass doing that it broke my heart more than I could ever realize.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just can't bearly move just crippled with grief and here I'm saying me me me I always took care of him if he had a sliver or he was scared he would say old man help me this time he was in so much pain he could not get up and he twisted and turned in looking at me saying old man make it stop but I could have if I had only gone to the vet.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I had taken her to the vet sooner, and to a different vet, then I think she'd still be with me. Coulda shoulda, woulda. We can beat ourselves up pretty badly in hindsight. But don't blame yourself, even though it's very painful things happen for a reason. Just know that you gave your fur baby a loving life and I'm sure he she was thankful to have you as their pet parent. Just remember all the good times that you had. That's what I try to do and I look at all the pictures and the videos that I took of Sheba. She was the love of my life and she knows that. God wanted her, he knew that I did the best I could for her and you have to realize that as well. You know when you're ready get another cat I'm 66 and I still plan on getting another cat. Not right away but I will eventually. God bless you!
Catlover 1955. Your words are helping. I'm very sorry for your loss I just don't know if these reply are getting to you I pray they are.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Catlover 1955. Your words are helping. I'm very sorry for your loss I just don't know if these reply are getting to you I pray they are.
Thank you so much! Yes they are. You get notifications when someone replies or posts. Yes we love our animals very much. I don't have any children and I never got married so my cat was the center of my life.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry there's a few words in there that didn't come out right because I used talk to text.

With my next cat I will do things so much different. And I'm not going to go on and on about it. But I will say one thing that's very important and I want everyone to listen please. No matter what if you need to take your cat to the vet and they believe that he she needs an antibiotic, do not under any circumstances let them administer Covenia. I am consulting with the lawyer about this deadly antibiotic. And I won't say any more about it.
Thank you for the warning. I had never heard of this drug. Now Googling it I see there are problems enough for “covenia cat deaths” to come up as a question. Hugs.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warning. I had never heard of this drug. Now Googling it I see there are problems enough for “covenia cat deaths” to come up as a question. Hugs.
Oh yes that's how I found out about it. The vet that I took her to didn't even tell me what he gave her because she had a abscess in her mouth and she couldn't get water ingested because it kept drooling down the front of her so she was dehydrated. He just said that he gave her a 14-day antibiotic didn't tell me the name of it didn't tell me any adverse side effects that were possible. And I failed to ask. So they asked me if I wanted the bill sent to my email and I said sure I never even looked at the bill but when I looked at the bill after I got home because of the way she was acting I saw what it was and then I went and looked it up and boy was I horrified. You can even look it up here, Covenia side effects.
It needs to be removed because it is a deadly antibiotic it causes so many problems especially if your cat has a compromised immune system. But the biggest problem is that it doesn't treat anything to do with dental problems, because that bacteria doesn't even get affected by this antibiotic. And Sheba had an abscess in her mouth. Now why wouldn't he know this? That's my biggest problem I have with this whole situation. This veterinarian was negligent. And I don't want anybody else to go through this. Because not only people with cats have lost them but also that had dogs. Sorry I'm just adamant about this.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Yes they are. You get notifications when someone replies or posts. Yes we love our animals very much. I don't have any children and I never got married so my cat was the center of my
Thank you so much. I didn't know anything could have hurt as much as it did after waking up from a nap and she wasn't with me any longer.

That's the last thing I wanted to have happen is not be right next to her holding her paw because once I brought her back from that vet that gave her that Covina shot I'd hold her pot and she she put her claws out and like grabbing my hand. That's how I wanted her to pass doing that it broke my heart more than I could ever realize.
I pray the pain will leave you soon.pray 🙏

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes that's how I found out about it. The vet that I took her to didn't even tell me what he gave her because she had a abscess in her mouth and she couldn't get water ingested because it kept drooling down the front of her so she was dehydrated. He just said that he gave her a 14-day antibiotic didn't tell me the name of it didn't tell me any adverse side effects that were possible. And I failed to ask. So they asked me if I wanted the bill sent to my email and I said sure I never even looked at the bill but when I looked at the bill after I got home because of the way she was acting I saw what it was and then I went and looked it up and boy was I horrified. You can even look it up here, Covenia side effects.
It needs to be removed because it is a deadly antibiotic it causes so many problems especially if your cat has a compromised immune system. But the biggest problem is that it doesn't treat anything to do with dental problems, because that bacteria doesn't even get affected by this antibiotic. And Sheba had an abscess in her mouth. Now why wouldn't he know this? That's my biggest problem I have with this whole situation. This veterinarian was negligent. And I don't want anybody else to go through this. Because not only people with cats have lost them but also that had dogs. Sorry I'm just adamant about this.
I am so, so sorry. That is absolutely horrifying.

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would blinking be to. Some people need to take up a different profession. I'm not exactly tall and handsome but I'm not stupid when I'm talking to some one a female if someone tall and handsome does come along they treat them a lot different than me. Sorry for the rant.

Catlover1955

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry. That is absolutely horrifying.
Cat lover from way back I'm going to say one more thing about this. You see with other antibiotics they are given in a pill form and so they give you so many pills for so many days so if your cat has a reaction to these pills then you can stop giving them to them and then they'll clear out of their system but with this Covenia shot, there's nothing that you can do once it's injected. And I want to also add that it stays in their system up to 60 days. And this is what I don't understand why he gave that to her because he knew that she was dehydrated and he even mentioned that he thought she was having kidney failure. Will kidney failure also causes anemia but this shot does as well so it was like a double whammy on her poor little body see I didn't know any of this until I did my research so for people to say oh well she was just unfortunate no it killed her plain and simple and no amount of money will bring her back but I want him to realize what he did. If people don't start putting a stop to vets prescribing this poison it's going to keep going on.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat lover from way back I'm going to say one more thing about this. You see with other antibiotics they are given in a pill form and so they give you so many pills for so many days so if your cat has a reaction to these pills then you can stop giving them to them and then they'll clear out of their system but with this Covenia shot, there's nothing that you can do once it's injected. And I want to also add that it stays in their system up to 60 days. And this is what I don't understand why he gave that to her because he knew that she was dehydrated and he even mentioned that he thought she was having kidney failure. Will kidney failure also causes anemia but this shot does as well so it was like a double whammy on her poor little body see I didn't know any of this until I did my research so for people to say oh well she was just unfortunate no it killed her plain and simple and no amount of money will bring her back but I want him to realize what he did. If people don't start putting a stop to vets prescribing this poison it's going to keep going on.
He sounds even more incompetent than the young vet who caused my Katie to have a half her tail amputated because he didn’t know a cat bite from a sore back.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Please do not beat yourself up.