WoW Kobe Bryant now gone from helicopter crash

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This guy was a legend if you are a sports fan which I am, also an avid NBA fan. So surprised to see this guy go, he was doing so well with everything just makes you think to live each day the best you can. I can't understand if you look in the past how many wealthy people have died this way or from small aircraft.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9 lost, including his daughter and her young friend. So very sad. A witness reported the tail of the helicopter malfunctioning but I don’t know if that is accurate. It is also being suggested the fog was a problem. Make sure that those you care about know you love them every day.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
9 lost, including his daughter and her young friend. So very sad. A witness reported the tail of the helicopter malfunctioning but I don’t know if that is accurate. It is also being suggested the fog was a problem. Make sure that those you care about know you love them every day.
I thought it's 5, including the daughter?

This is a very painful time for the wife Vanessa. I cannot imagine losing a husband and daughter at the same time.

My condolences to the families of those who perished in the crash.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought it's 5, including the daughter?

This is a very painful time for the wife Vanessa. I cannot imagine losing a husband and daughter at the same time.

My condolences to the families of those who perished in the crash.
It was 9 altogether including a husband & wife and their daughter (Gianna Bryant's friend). They had 2 other children. Imagine losing your parents and sibling all at once like that. Heartbreaking.

Kobe Bryant: Federal authorities investigating cause of California helicopter crash

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine getting a phone call or a visit from authorities and learning about your husband and daughter. That's simply heartbreaking.
Yeah, losing one family is already too much, but another one is totally heart wrenching.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
~ Usually not. I read it appears the aircraft slammed into the mountainside at full speed. Likely pilot disorientation. I doubt they even were aware what happened.
I think you're likely right. From what I've read, helicopters don't have the same kind of navigation instruments that planes have and the pilot relies more on his/her senses. That helicopter should have never left the ground in fog like that. This was a senseless tragedy

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard TMZ broke the story before all of the families were notified. :(
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Some people have gotten calls from TMZ asking for a statement when they hadn't found out that the person had passed away yet. That is how Steve-O found out about the death of Ryan Dunn (from the Jack@ss series/movies). They woke him up at like 6 AM. They have done this to others as well. TMZ has sources everywhere.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so very sad, I really admired him. But what is even sadder is the lost of his daughter and her young friend. kobe was able to leave his mark int he world, she will never have that opportunity.