Wound In Kitty's Head?

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I don't know what this is..I'm using Neosporin on it but it won't go away. I thought it was a wound but now I'm not sure. What does it look like?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello. I don't know what this is..I'm using Neosporin on it but it won't go away. I thought it was a wound but now I'm not sure. What does it look like?
Hello, can you attach a photo of what you are describing?

If it's serious, please bring your kitty to the vet for a professional diagnosis and treatment instead which will help your cat heal faster and less worries for you. .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, can you attach a photo of what you are describing?

If it's serious, please bring your kitty to the vet for a professional diagnosis and treatment instead which will help your cat heal faster and less worries for you. .
I thought I attached a picture but apparently it didn't upload properly. Anyways I've attached a picture of the "wound"

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edit: is it an infection of some kind? It bled just now btw I cleaned it up with a cotton ball and put some neoscorin on it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be best to take your cat to the vet for treatment of the wound. At the least, call the vet and ask for advice. Some vets will do a quick consult and some even respond to emails with a picture of the issue.

Is your cat indoors only? How long has the wound been there?

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It would be best to take your cat to the vet for treatment of the wound. At the least, call the vet and ask for advice. Some vets will do a quick consult and some even respond to emails with a picture of the issue.

Is your cat indoors only? How long has the wound been there?
Yes she's an indoor cat. The wound wasn't there a couple days ago. I don't know how she got this. And if it was bleeding before I would have noticed it.

purpleunicornic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And of course I will take her to a vet. I was just wondering how to make her feel better. The wound must be itchy..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just keep the wound clean with water as needed. You may want to put a cone on the cat to keep her from possibly scratching at her head and making the wound worse.

Is there anything in your home that could have caused an injury? A recliner chair, mattress box springs (cats love to claw their way into those things), something in the basement?