image.jpg
8722FEFA-85A2-4644-92F4-4F6B507F4DC8.jpeg
hi
My cat was in a fight over a week ago
She began biting at herself
Now it’s a red spot, she licks it all the time
I’m putting pet neosporin on there
She licks it off
Should I put an Elizabeth colar on her when I’m home?
What do you think??

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If she won't leave it alone, you are going to have to do something to prevent her from bothering it. Have you ever considered an inflatable collar or a soft cone, instead of the hard cone I am guessing you are referring to?

I don't know if it might help any, but before you put the Neosporin on you could try using a chamomile tea bag (grocery store variety, German, NOT English, and no additives) to brew in water and then cool and dab the liquid on the site with cotton ball. The tea has both soothing and healing agents. It might be less irritating to her so when you apply the Neosporin maybe she won't bother it as much. Also, it is safe should she lick the tea.

A cat fight is a scary thing in terms of disease transmission, and more immediately crucial - an infection. Maybe consider a vet visit just for that reason alone?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something like this might do the trick, They do carry other brands which are slightly less expensive, although this one isn't bad at all.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where is the wound located? Does your cat go outside? A collar would allow the wound to heal and keep the cat from licking at it. If the wound doesn't heal in a week, gets worse, etc you'll need to take your cat to the vet for treatment.