Would You Take A She-shed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The shed is done! :hyper::hyper::hyper: (And the guy said it looks really nice!)

We are not ready. Between the rain and waiting on people to do their stuff, we're just not ready. Rick was away, now he has appointments and meetings all day today and tomorrow. He has the start of contract negotiations next week. :sigh: (He is retired, but he still has union stuff to do until his term is up next summer.) Hopefully it won't be much longer.

They said they'll keep the shed until we're ready....they're actually going to use it as a display for now. People are loving the grey and black with the purple door! Who knew!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so excited for you! I can imagine you in the chaise lounge you spoke of, reading a book, with the Beast by your side, :flail:.

Do you have a pic?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
NO BEAST IN MY SHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: Not gonna happen. NOT. NO. So there. :lol:

I asked if they had any pictures and they do not. They normally don't take any pictures. Well, dang.

The good news is the guy came down last night and finished the big grading. Now Rick and I have to get out there and level it out (we're on a hill). We also have to set blocks north of the site to deal with water and erosion. He's going to the quarry today to order stone to come next week. We're getting there, slowly, but we're getting there.

I've been googling "she shed interior" and using Pinterest, just to get ideas on what I could do. Some of them are really nice, some are whimsical, some are very efficient, depending on what the shed is to be used for. This one is a library, more than anything, I think.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited for you! Are you going to put bookshelves in? You can make it look amazing. So many different things you can do with the interior. Since it's on display I bet a lot of people will want one.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We've gotten something done the past two days. We're out of blocks, so will have to make a trip to Lowes tomorrow morning; we thought we'd get down today, but got too busy. Working on the retaining walls. This is on a hill, so we have to make sure the rain water goes where we want it to go.

Rick also started the chain saw, so we could get rid of some of the lower-hanging branches around the site. We needed to take them off to make room for the shed to come through on the truck and the mule.

One of the neighbors came over to us this afternoon. To thank us. Why? Because his wife thinks a she-shed is just the coolest thing! And she's talking about one!

Stay tuned!
WallOne.jpg

WallTwo.jpg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The stone is coming this afternoon. I'm working over lunch and leaving early; somebody has to be there to accept and pay for the stone (Rick is still negotiating that blasted contract; he's hoping to get out early since it's Friday, but about the time he counts on getting out, he won't). We'll spend tomorrow shoveling and leveling the pad out. I'm really hoping that I can call them on Monday to be put on their delivery schedule.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The stone is coming this afternoon. I'm working over lunch and leaving early; somebody has to be there to accept and pay for the stone (Rick is still negotiating that blasted contract; he's hoping to get out early since it's Friday, but about the time he counts on getting out, he won't). We'll spend tomorrow shoveling and leveling the pad out. I'm really hoping that I can call them on Monday to be put on their delivery schedule.
Wowza, I'm so excited for you!! I bet you can't wait. :clap::yess:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The stone is here. They were able to back right up the yard and dump most of the stone into the pad site. I called the shed guys for a delivery date; they're out today, but will call me tomorrow. By the time they get the shed here, we're going to be ready!

I also called our electrician. He had told me last month that he'd try to get here, but if he didn't get here by June, I was to call him again....that guy is so busy, he doesn't know which end is up.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Progress at last! I'm so very happy for you! You'll be moving in before you know it.

Have you settled on paint colors? Furnishing ideas? So many exciting possibilities to make it uniquely yours.

Yippee!