Would You Just Scrap Dry Food If Your Cat Didnt Like It?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
My local raw pet food store sells freeze dried necks for dental health. I suppose they are helpful but I prefer to feed raw bones or gizzards.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah Vital Essentials sells freeze dried chicken necks and I've wondered the same thing. I've tried raw ones for Lydia before and she won't touch them

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
will definitely look into a programmable feeder!! and mizzely mizzely , i checked out the surepet sealed bowl and i think i'm in love! :flail:

am i right to say that most will think it's a better idea to scrap ziwipeak and either try another brand of dry food or go wet entirely?
Exactly this! If you can go 100% wet then great, if you can't for whatever reason (feeding times, cost etc) then i would switch to a different dry that he likes.
My 6 get wet food twice a day, at 6/7 am and then again around 6pm. They are free fed several brands of dry food. None of which are particularly good, but with finances and supply where we are being so difficult and unreliable, we do what we can.

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
will definitely look into a programmable feeder!! and mizzely mizzely , i checked out the surepet sealed bowl and i think i'm in love! :flail:

am i right to say that most will think it's a better idea to scrap ziwipeak and either try another brand of dry food or go wet entirely?
Exactly this! If you can go 100% wet then great, if you can't for whatever reason (feeding times, cost etc) then i would switch to a different dry that he likes.
My 6 get wet food twice a day, at 6/7 am and then again around 6pm. They are free fed several brands of dry food. None of which are particularly good, but with finances and supply where we are being so difficult and unreliable, we do what we can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
50795542_623253074798477_6815210752796622769_n.jpg
I adore mine!! It has saved me so much money since Lydia wants to graze all day but won't eat it if it dries out! Ugh lol

You can omit all together. My main reason for keeping any dry at all is Lydia will only eat max 4 oz of wet food in 24 hours so I keep a bit out to help her not lose weight. If she ate her wet what she was supposed to, I'd just keep the wet :)

just wanted to let you know that i got it! hoping it would be great :)